Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 115 mariner idle stabilizer box???????

115 mariner idle stabilizer box??????? 10 years 3 weeks ago #100091

hello i'm just finishing up a complete rewire of my 115 mariner.. its a 1979,,.i have 1 left over terminal on each switch box.. when i check the wiring diagram it shows they are for a IDLE STABILIZER box.. it must have been removed from my motor in the past before i got it.. when i pulled it apart the terminals had broken wires attached to them.. so in my searching i could't figure out the correct part number for this part... any help would be great... thanks...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 115 mariner idle stabilizer box??????? 10 years 3 weeks ago #100110

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
The idle stabilizer unit is a troublemaker and that's probably why it's missing from your motor. I wouldn't reinstall one, because they are prone to failure and when they do, most times will cause the timing to be advanced & burn pistons.

Just remove the broken wires, do a Link N' Synch and she should be good-to-go!

forums.iboats.com/forum/engine-repair-and-maintenance/engine-frequently-asked-questions-faq/173257-timing-and-sync-of-merc-inlines-to-1988?t=168855

HTH.........ed

Re:115 mariner idle stabilizer box??????? 10 years 3 weeks ago #100118

so just leave those 2 terminals empty and manually set everything up and it will be ok without it...

Re:115 mariner idle stabilizer box??????? 10 years 2 weeks ago #100325

I'm betting that the (2) terminals that have no wire on them are actually for the White/with Black stripe Bias wire, and you should install a replacement wire to connect the (2) terminals together.

But first - just to insure your empty terminals are the same as the ones I'm talking about - look with a bright flashlight and see what the embossed color code for each terminal is.
The Bias terminals will be labeled "WHT/BLK".

I agree with Master Ed and encourage elimination of the Idle Stabilizer. Try and stick with the correct colored wire whenever you replace a faulty or missing wire.
Doc F

Re:115 mariner idle stabilizer box??????? 10 years 2 weeks ago #100331

yes they are labeled white / black.. and the diagram does show them connected together.. but i thought that it was all part of the idle stabilizer. since it goes to one terminal hen over to the other..
so i'll make up a wire and link the 2 together and just do away with the idle stabilizer box.

thanks...

now on to my next project, looking around a few yards by me for a newer trim and tilt upgrade for it..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online