• Page:

TOPIC: Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida

Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #99964

• BLPen163
  • BLPen163's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My business is restoration,repair,new parts and new technology for Vintage Scuba Equipment 1945 to 1975. The Sea Hunt and Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau era.

Was at a dive on some wrecks in the Thousand Island area of NY and Canada this year and a Classic boat show was going on and I was blown away by all the cool boats......Decided I had to have one for myself.....Then one turned into 3.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and I apologize in advance for the multitude of stupid questions I'm going to ask.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #99965

Welcome to FG

You've already got 3 boats?? Yep, MBS strikes again. Sorry, but you seem to have contracted the most virulent strain......

Multiple
Boat
Syndrome

Many of us suffer from it, to varying degrees.....

Where's the pix of the 3rd boat in the fleet?

Re: Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #99970

• BLPen163
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
The third one is in the Glassifieds. It needs more restoration than im comfortable doing.
Searay will be for sale soon. I really only need one boat.

Re:Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #99986

BL welcome aboard but that whole :only need one boat" line is B! LOL Of course that really depends on what the "Admiral" says. They're kind of like Lays potato chips no one can eat just one, no one can have just one! Also there's no such thing as too hard of a restoration, it just takes longer on some than others and you just build more expertise the more you do. There are plenty of folks on here that can walk you through the whole process. There's the old adage that says" How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time". Of course always easier to say from this end than that end but just know we're here for ya. Again great finds and welcome aboard.

Bob

Re: Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #99991

BLPen163,

WELCOME ABOARD.

MOST of us started out with buying (or being given) ONE boat/motor/trailer/something & now have SEVERAL (or MANY).
(I know a man in north Dallas, TX who collects water-skis.)

Fwiw, I started out in antique boats/motors/trailers, when a cousin gave me a NICE 1955 Johnnyrude (about 15 years ago) & then I looked for/bought a 1955 boat to match it.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #99992

• BLPen163
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks everyone...guess I should have said, I'm not interested in the Slickcraft enough to put in the sweat equity necessary to make it right. I could keep multiple boats but my ocd would go into hyperdrive worrying that I was neglecting to do something to one of them.. With just one I can obsess and search for all the little things to make it perfect.....My customers do this to me daily so I know how time consuming it can be.
I look forward to learning from the group. Thanks for the kind welcome.

Re:Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #99994

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Those are a couple of nice boats. The top one is that on a Hilltop trailer? The fender on it looks the same as mine. The reason I ask is because I'm looking to see if it has the sticker on the rear of the fender. If so could you post a photo please.

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #100002

Welcome aboard.

Re:Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #100003

• BLPen163
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Don't know about the trailer .....Boat will not arrive to me until next week sometime. I am looking for more information on it. I'll be repainting/refurbishing it to match the boat.

I would also like to find a 1964 Starcraft manual if possible? The scans in the library are not clear enough for me to determine my exact model and specs. I will be happy to pay someone to do good PDF scans or to have it scanned in high resolution at a copy center.

Thank you

Re:Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #100007

Look thru the links posted here:
Starcraft brochures
An original 1964 Starcraft 'owners manual' may be hard to come by. Ebay would probably be your best bet for that.

It doesn't have as much info in it as you probably think. Might not even have any pix of the boat or it's interior.

Although issued w/ most boats, it's a fairly generic how to about boats in general not model or year specific like a car's.

Re:Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 1 month ago #100008

• BLPen163
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
My boat is the blue one on the cover but what I really want to see details of is the specs page for all the boats. When you enlarge the image it too blurry to read unfortunately. Very nice of them to take the time to scan and post them all though!

Re:Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 4 weeks ago #100013

I'd suggest that the 1963 data for a similar sized SC fiberglass boat will be accurate, perhaps down to the model name:

Not sure what's going on w/ the FG site, but it's appearance has changed and I type this into what looks more like a 1987 online message board, not the regular FG forum.

Anyway, this is the 1963 data page from the iboats SC brochure pages:

Re:Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 4 weeks ago #100020

• BLPen163
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
That helps!
99.999% sure it is a Bahama. Wont be here till the 18th and owner was not sure of the exact model...I will keep searching for a brochure from 64...The search is 1/2 the fun!
One of the Starcraft emblems on the side is damaged. Are those difficult to locate or did they use the same one for many years?

Another dumb question...I want to get the trailer lookg good again, but what do I do with the boat while I'm working on it? Cant leave it in the water...suggestions?

Thank you everyone

Re:Greetings from Wesley Chapel Florida 10 years 4 weeks ago #100049

Got any spare tires w/out rims? I've got 2 boats on tires now.

If you need to do any work to the boat's hull you may want to build a cradle to make rolling it around easier and to fully support the hull while you work on it.

Emblems often show up on evil-bay, but the last set weren't inexpensive and were cast from an emblem that was distorted/damaged. Somewhere @FG there's an emblem casting thread. His turned out great, but were Crestliner emblems, but you could follow his lead if you've got 1 good emblem.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online