Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ok a real question about fuel

ok a real question about fuel 10 years 1 month ago #99431

ok buddy of mine (the one who lost the prop ) got the motor back together and wanted to take it out to see if the new prop would get it up on plane. we unloaded and started out. it was sluggish like it was starving for gas, we checked everything out, and it started to pick up and plane out fine then the steering screwed up. got that fixed and it would never throttle up again. a fellow boater told us to check the bulb in the line. we bought a new one and plugged it in. same thing not enough fuel . we got the process of elimination going and determined that the pick up tube in the plastic tank was stopped up or the fitting was bad. we cut the end of the hose off and dropped it in the tank.

Question : why would the tank block the gas from flowing through the line and starve the motor . the fitting the connection or any of it. please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:ok a real question about fuel 10 years 1 month ago #99435

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Some tanks have a screen filter at the end of the pickup tube. If yours does, pull the pickup assembly and check the screen. If it looks clean, blow a bit of compressed air thru the tube to be sure its not plugged.

Re:ok a real question about fuel 10 years 1 month ago #99484

ok we checked the pick up tube, clean we went back and looked at the new line and primer bulb. it was blocked we cut a piece out of it and tried it blocked i remember now reading about the new supposedly wonderful new fuel line. it had the plastic inner liner and when we put the fitting on it out on the lake it blocked the fuel and you could not blow through it. we thought the pick up was blocked the bulb was bad. the fittings was clogged all sorts of stuff but we never thought to check the brand new line we just bought. i was looking and the best thing i can figure is to cut a little bit of the outer rubber line off the end exposing the inner liner then roll the plastic back and put the fitting into the liner first. then clamp the liner and the rubber hose. when i saw that and we cut a clean end off everything started working. thanks guys for bringing this to everyone's attention.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online