Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Condition of Hull? Repaint Entire Hull?

Condition of Hull? Repaint Entire Hull? 10 years 1 month ago #99430

• damartinca
  • damartinca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Here are some pictures of a boat I am considering. Transom and floor seemed beyond solid. The top deck was in great shape as well. Shows fine scratches from years of use and being wiped down with towels and such, but is still shiny and may be able to be buffed out. Sides show lots of rub marks from hitting docks, but they too still have a lot of shine.

There is some work along the keel though that does look like it was patched and doesn't have any of the shine. It looks like it would need to be redone.

Do you think the entire hull would need to be repainted, or just spot treatment where the patch is?

It would be nice to get something and not have to spend a fortune on it. It does need new upholstery and the trailer is a mess. Boat looks solid and always garaged. Hasn't been in the water for 20 years.

Here are a shots in the album.

Thanks for your opinion.

Sincerely,
David

Hull images
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Condition of Hull? Repaint Entire Hull? 10 years 1 month ago #99449

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard David. It doesn't look like the hull is in that bad of shape, I'd be inclined to either attempt a gel coat repair or have it done. As you mentioned the deck is in a "that'll buff out" condition, try to keep it original if you can. Gel coat lasts longer than paint, and is more durable if properly cared for.

Painting is an option if the current surface is beyond rejuvenation, myself and many others here have gone that route out of necessity. Done properly it can be just as appealing as gel coat, some of the gang has done an awesome job on theirs!

Just my two cents, share some pics of the entire boat when you get a chance. Either way you go, we have numerous members here who will be glad to lend a hand with advise if you need it.

Mark

Re:Condition of Hull? Repaint Entire Hull? 10 years 1 month ago #99488

damartinca,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Condition of Hull? Repaint Entire Hull? 10 years 1 month ago #99520

Welcome aboard David. I'm with Mark, I would try and do the gelcoat route since it's only that section. If you try and repair it with epoxy you'll HAVE to paint as gelcoat won't stick to epoxy.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online