Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bell Boy Banshee Windshield Frame

Bell Boy Banshee Windshield Frame 10 years 1 month ago #99362

Hello All,

I finally got back to my Banshee restoration (just finished a '71 Fleetwing 15ft trailer). The only part I need is the upper aluminum frame for the windshield. The existing piece is irreparable due to the thickness of the metal. I have been to several aluminum fabricators, to no avail. If anyone has or know anyone that has this piece, I would certainly be appreciative. I might even offer a reasonable "finder's fee".

Thanks all,
Michael
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Bell Boy Banshee Windshield Frame 10 years 1 month ago #99387

Hi Michael -

That's a nice looking Bahshee - how about some more pictures. Have any "before" pics?

As to the windshield frame - this exact question comes up from time to time.

Unless you can find someone with the exact frame you need, it is more than likely you will need to re fit an appropriate frame from another boat. The part can be from any maker, model, or year - providing that it has the approximate profile shape needed. Many builders sourced their parts and extrusions from the same sources. It is possible to find a junker boat that can be parted out - and sometimes people just sell parts off of junker boats. Also look for boat junkies that have a stash of windshield frames in the rafters of their shop. Find a frame profile that is similar to what you need. The aluminum on most frames was annealed, so it can be bent without breaking. At the least the frame needs to be longer than required. After shaping, the excess material can be cut off. Unless you can find a supplier of bull-nose extrusions - this may be your best bet.

Good luck -

Bruce

Re:Bell Boy Banshee Windshield Frame 10 years 1 month ago #99442

Bruce,

Thanks. Yes, I do have a lot of before pics, but I'm going to what I have during auto restorations and hold all of the pics until I'm finished. I'm "Nicky new guy" to boat restorations as I have alway done autos, and the one camper trailer I just finished. I guess I'm "branching out".

Thanks also for the tips & advice for locating the windshield frame. I've done several of the tips you suggested except for hitting boat shops and "boat nuts" . Who knows how many OEM parts,are sitting in back collecting dust. The windshield I have really concentrated on was adaptable parts from other brand boats. This windshield is 62" tip to tip width and all or the windshield frames I have seen are either wider or more narrow.

Hey, thanks again for responding & the tips. If you see or hear anybody say "Bell Boy", give me a holler.

Michael

Re:Bell Boy Banshee Windshield Frame 10 years 1 month ago #99447

Pix are sort of the price of admission....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online