Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ventilation issue

Ventilation issue 10 years 1 month ago #99004

I have a '58 Thunderbird Geronimo with a '66 Merc 650. The AV plate rides about an inch high and I have a lot of issues with ventilation. The original owner of the boat changed over to this motor and told me he wished he had never done it. Original was a '58 Mark 58e(?) 45 hp. Transom does measure 16". Does anyone know if the '58 motor short shaft measured longer than 15" and/or any suggestions to help the motor that I have now? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Ventilation issue 10 years 1 month ago #99014

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Eagle, welcome aboard. Good question. I suggest that you post the same question a little further down the list on the Merc threads. A lot of us read them all but your heading of ventilation threw me off.
Cal

Re:Ventilation issue 10 years 1 month ago #99057

Hello,
From my experience, either the blades need to have "cup" added (sometimes both "roll" and cupping" are needed), and/or more blades are needed (if you have a two blade, a three blade can be utilized - if a three blade, possibly a four blade can be utilized). Note that if the prop area of the lower unit housing (case) has damage, and/or the forward portion of the propeller has damage, that this will also causes these issues. If you can post pictures here, this would be helpful. If the pictures are a problem to post here, feel free to e-mail me, and I can share my phone number so that you might text me some camera phone pictures.

Regards,
Joe
www.fergusonpoolemarine.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Profile Picture:
E. Carl Kiekhaefer (Mercury Founder) & Joe Poole Sr. @ 1964 Mercury Dealer Meeting
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online