• Page:

TOPIC: Midwest Show Next Weekend

Midwest Show Next Weekend 10 years 2 months ago #98861

• videobob
  • videobob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
As a regular guest at the Midwest All Classics Show (formerly the Fiberglassics Nationals) over the last dozen years. I'd like to remind everyone that this may be the best chance to see some of the most incredible boats the glass community has ever imagined. It's usually a nice boat run, a float-in restaurant and this year for the first time - overnight docks. Display on the grounds or in the water.
One of the first runnings ever of a Cadillac Sea Lark is scheduled for Saturday Afternoon. Go to the boatsinthebelfry.com forum link below to get motel discount details and the restaurant locations. It would be great to see some the the FG folks back at this very special get together, hosted by the Midwest Glasspar Club.

Midwest Show Info
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Midwest Show Next Weekend 10 years 1 month ago #99137

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I just got bACK FROM THE MIDWEST Glasspar and all boat show.It has been on the down hill side,, but to my surprise, this was a very nice show and a good boat turn out,Terry Dickson took off doing the leg work and a lot of promoting and He along with Mr. and Mrs. Kevfin Mueller made it a good weekend, the river was up to good level,met for a supper and drinks fri,nite,then we had a good morning show on land ,then went boating. til 5 then went and had a group supper at 6..good day,I never actually took a bow count but I would say 15-20,, from Minn to Ohio,and down to Missouri,wis,Illinois....Sunday morn a few of us went through kevfins boat cave,, then home,,I am not good with a camera but I am sure there will be some posted,, Thanks again for your efforts Terry,Kevfin and Becca,, Bill Anderson ,,,, I have had trouble getting on to post last week tonight no problem

Re:Midwest Show Next Weekend 10 years 1 month ago #99179

• videobob
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Here's a pic until I get a video made. ( I don't have a lot of runtime video from this year because I helped at least four or five people launch their boats. Seriously, I was a jinx. The motors wouldn't start. Beautiful, perfect boats that wouldn't run because I touched them. I plan to see an exorcist (if KevFin will pay for it)
So, not so much of that jerky, wind noise boat run footage I'm famous for. I am enormously impressed with myself for predicting what a great Show this would be. Even Del liked it. Don't direct questions about the saucer boat to me, I just gawked at it like everyone else. Last and probably least is my boat that didn't quite get wired in time for the Show. Here's a snap for the one or two people who wanted to see the Weird Al boat. The Glasspar guys were really looking forward to their Zombie boat. It's the same model as the boat in my epic remix YouTube video called Glasspar Zombies .
Maybe next year. Speaking of the Florida Club, they are drafting younger and younger members these days ( the newest having a bit of low end trouble with his diapers ) The Rock had it's usual great GoosePoop Sandwiches. ( I noticed one or two ducks missing toward the end of the evening ). I'll have the video in a day or two - watch this topic.

Re:Midwest Show Next Weekend 10 years 1 month ago #99183

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Very nice, wish I could have made it. Work keeps getting in the way. Second pic from the bottom looks like Jaws is attacking :laugh:

Re:Midwest Show Next Weekend 10 years 1 month ago #99219

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Dels saucer is a hoot,, we ran side by side down the river,, I would guess this one will do 28-30 but it is fun to watch,,good time by all,,Bill
Attachments:

Re:Midwest Show Next Weekend 10 years 1 month ago #99227

• videobob
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Here's the video I promised..

Sorry, I've only been uploading videos since 1995 and can't get the insert icon to work here.

BELOIT SHOW 2014

Re:Midwest Show Next Weekend 10 years 1 month ago #99232

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
great video, bob. I didn't make it this year, but I'm really positive that I'll make it next year, most likely with the Belmont.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online