Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is she worth a look?

Is she worth a look? 10 years 2 months ago #98708

Greetings folks.

This boat is right around the corner from me. As far as the boat itself, is she naything speacial and worth the effort to clean up or restore? Looks to have a nice hull shape. The motor I would likley sell off

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Is she worth a look? 10 years 2 months ago #98709

Is the Invisible Bat-boat worthy of a restore? Heck yeah ;)

Sorry, no pix, so no idea whether it's 'worth' it or not.

If you expect it to be a big profit maker, unless it IS something special, it won't be a big money maker. Even if you count your labor hours as 'free'.......

Post some pix. Maybe you did find that haystack needle after all :)

Re:Is she worth a look? 10 years 2 months ago #98747

Pictures would certainly help huh? :)
I forgot the link, and here it is

Re:Is she worth a look? 10 years 2 months ago #98752

Sea Ray owners have their own forum elsewhere online, some are vintage, but I think most aren't. It might be particularly appealing to someone who grew up w/ one.

It could be a really nice looking boat, with some work, but it doesn't leap out at me as particularly rare/special. Sort of a plain vanilla, typical, generic 1960's fiberglass runabout.

The Merc could be the best part of the deal though. Depends on how mechanically inclined you are. And they do have some value, as both parts & runners.

The windshield & it's frame are damaged, a suitable replacement could be made/found, but that isn't always quick & easy to do.

The trailer looks like it's in good shape, so there's that too.

If you like it, up to a point, I'd suggest it isn't going to be a real expensive project to buy. The Merc parts can be challenging to source and pricey. There's a reason there's no pix of the interior.

So for under $500 to buy it, and $2K in parts/pieces (low estimate depending on interior finishes and the Merc) and a good bit of time and energy you'll have a pretty nice boat. Much nicer then what $2500 would likely buy.

$4-5K selling price? I'd have NO idea, that'd depend on your skills, attention to detail, and finding the right buyer in your market.

Ask 63Sabre how much time and money he had in the Herter's project he sold last year. He did exceptional work and on what I'd consider a much rarer boat. I think he sold it thru ebay for $5800, so they got a cut of the money.

1959 Herters rebuild

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online