Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: &^$*#@in Staples

&^$*#@in Staples 10 years 2 months ago #98667

OK, I've been gone for awhile, one part work one part boat frustration. I've removed motor and rub and discovered that transom plywood has started splitting. Plan is to remove top half (Dorsett Belmont) and rebuild transom and floors. My problem is staples!

I realize some of you are thinking if you can't remove staples you're pretty much screwed as a boat owner because it'll get worse from here. I can remove just want to do so with least amount of damage to gelcoat. Based on another post thinking about going in between halves with hacksaw blade to cut staples. Thoughts if this will screw anything up that can't be reasonably fixed? Any other ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: &^$*#@in Staples 10 years 2 months ago #98669

Get a multi-tool:

It's got a nice slender blade, and doesn't crazy go jumping all over the place like a sawzall

Harbor freight sells one & LOTs of tool manufacturers offer them

Re: &^$*#@in Staples 10 years 2 months ago #98671

Was thinking about that. I have a cordless dremel that I was using to cut some holes in the floor to see if all the stringers needed to be replaced (silly rabbit, of course they do). Was just concerned about cutting anything that shouldn't be. Assume they'll be some minor gaps and those will be filled with putty when she goes back together.

Re: &^$*#@in Staples 10 years 2 months ago #98685

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I burned out two Dremels, switches went bad on both of them. Just get el-cheapo from harbor freight and pick up a couple of extra blades....go at it!

Re: &^$*#@in Staples 10 years 2 months ago #98688

Grabbed a Rockwell from Lowes. Not easy and starting my third blade but I think I'm about half way through.

Appreciate the guidance.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online