Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CL $100 parts boat score!

CL $100 parts boat score! 10 years 2 months ago #98399

My wife is going to kill me when she sees it! I found this old Reinell on CL yesterday. The trailer is a cox that is in great shape the boat has a 50hp Johnson with all the controls etc etc. The seller bought it 3 years ago, stripped the interior and let it sit. It's last safety inspection stamp is 2003 but the seller claimed it ran with muffs when he bought it, that the original owner babied it and was told he flushed it after every use. It came with a newer 10 gallon fuel tank, quick connects, fire ext. etc etc.. I am going to strip it and scrap the hull but for $100 plus a tank of gas I think I did alright! It towed fine almost 100 miles last night with some magnetic tow lights. Here are some pictures, if anyone needs any of the boat specific parts speak up, Im keeping the steering, controls and outboard along with any lights etc. that I might be able to use on my little MFG.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:CL $100 parts boat score! 10 years 2 months ago #98401

50HP with controls, key and nice single cable steering setup!
Attachments:

Re:CL $100 parts boat score! 10 years 2 months ago #98402

Boat as it sat when I picked it up. The trailer is very heavy duty, its nice that it has an outboard jack stand that supports it while your towing. Its a COX with heavy slipper springs. Im going to shorten it and use it for my little MFG. The hull on this boat has some cracks in the gelcoat, has no interior except the dash and the floor is roached. I think the foam is saturated with water, this baby is HEAVY to tow!
Attachments:

Re:CL $100 parts boat score! 10 years 2 months ago #98406

Gotta love CL that's a great find!! I towed home a boat for $150 my wife was unhappy until I fixed the inline 6 90 Merc and resold it for $750!!

Re:CL $100 parts boat score! 10 years 2 months ago #98407

That's what I figured, I have room for the motor and the trailer was a steal! I think the outboard is the old goofy hydro-electric drive, Im at work right now so I cant check but for $100 Ill take it. I used a pull rope yesterday and it feels like it has excellent compression and the prop spun so I know at least the lower gears are good. Im going to start stripping it tonight, I just found a guy that wants the boat when Im done, he said he is going to burry it, line it and use it as a fish pond, I said, well to each their own... Saves me a trip to the landfill I guess! Its a shame because the hull, other than the ugly 70s style windscreen is actually pretty nice looking. Its a lot bigger than I thought when I replied to the ad and I really cant figure out unless the foam under what's left of the floor is full of water why its so heavy unless its just the sheer amount of fiberglass and the weight of the trailer. My little Tacoma pulled it fine but I definitely knew it was back there! I just took my time and kept the speed under 60, the tires are pretty cracked up and I was worried Id blow one, I had a set of spare tires / wheels with me but they are 8" that would have been fun to change along the highway! I figured the steering setup along would cost me at least $150 and its in great shape, smooth as can be, all of the grease fittings have globs of grease coming out of them, which is a pain to clean but at least it kept the elements off of things over the last few years! I was hoping it was a short shaft engine but I think its a 20". I may try and track down a used short lower and rebuild it, I think my old MFG would do better with a 15"... Anyway Im looking forward to getting home from work this afternoon to dig into it!

Re:CL $100 parts boat score! 10 years 2 months ago #98416

ilovewvmountains,

WELCOME ABOARD & NICE SCORE, too.

Btw, where in WV are you? = Our family's "mountain lair" is in Berkley County, btw.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:CL $100 parts boat score! 10 years 2 months ago #98420

satx78247 wrote:

ilovewvmountains,

WELCOME ABOARD & NICE SCORE, too.

Btw, where in WV are you? = Our family's "mountain lair" is in Berkley County, btw.

yours, satx

And I'm just south of WVU's Mountain Lair on campus. I'd be interested to hear where you snagged the boat. I've not seen it before and I search a wide circle of CL's

Re:CL $100 parts boat score! 10 years 2 months ago #98444

I'm outside of Shepherdstown home of Shepherd University in a little town called Bakerton. Berkeley County is the next one up from us, about 20 miles or so to the line. Ive got a little mountain lair of my own in Pendleton County, I love WV its such a great state if you love mountains, hence my username :)

The boat was listed 2 weeks ago on the Chambersburg PA CL, it was actually in a town outside of Harrisburg called New Cumberland. Last night we got a heck of a storm and it didn't leak any of the water out, it just soaked down into the floor and foam, Im not surprised considering the fiberglass layer that would seal in the foam and rotten stringers is all broken and there is grass growing out of the cracks! I got the wiring and controls pulled last night and the motor is ready to lift off the transom and onto my stand. Since I didn't have any help last night I went ahead and scrubbed it down, its missing the starter which makes sense, the ad said the motor would run with a new starter, I assumed it was bad not MIA! The steering setup is nice, probably too long for my MFG unless they can be shortened but Im pulling it all anyway, once its out the boat is off to the bone yard!

Any parts you think youd pull before it goes?

Re:CL $100 parts boat score! 10 years 2 months ago #98445

ilovewvmountains wrote:

I'm outside of Shepherdstown home of Shepherd University in a little town called Bakerton. Berkeley County is the next one up from us, about 20 miles or so to the line. Ive got a little mountain lair of my own in Pendleton County, I love WV its such a great state if you love mountains, hence my username :)

I'm not familiar w/ Bakerton, but have been to Sheperstown several times. I used a high tech 'sand' blaster to remove graffiti from the Rumsey memorial on 2 different occasions. Nice little town and wow have they been doing some construction on campus.

ilovewvmountains wrote:

The steering setup is nice, probably too long for my MFG unless they can be shortened but Im pulling it all anyway, once its out the boat is off to the bone yard!

IF the other steering components are in good working order, and not obsolete, new cables should be available in the right length. If only as preventative measure, I'd get new cables even if you can make the current length cable work. KEEP both ends off both cables.

ilovewvmountains wrote:

Any parts you think youd pull before it goes?

Depending on your patience level, & willingness to deal w/ buyers that flake on Craigs/ebay, I'd pull the windshield,remote control box & bow rails & any other parts & pieces you can off. You never know what someone might buy. But the windshield, remote control box & bow rail shouldn't be difficult to sell.

Re:CL $100 parts boat score! 10 years 2 months ago #98466

NICE SCORE :lol:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online