Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Disease has spread

The Disease has spread 10 years 2 months ago #98127

I was up at my parents house today, and just happen to be checking the newest posts to craigslist when I noticed a finned boat that caught my eye. I said to my father I bet I could get that for $250, he said "well give him a call a see". So that is what I did, he didn't take my offer but said $350 was the lowest he would go. I told my father and he said "here is $350 go get me that boat", which was quite a shock to me but I guess years of showing him boats for sale and dragging parts of my collection up to his house for storage must have finally gotten to him.

So here it is a 195? something or other Cutter (ski-mate maybe not sure) 14' boat. :) It used to be red but it was painted tan with gold upholstery probably around the only time that color combo was in style ( I'm guessing 1972 maybe LOL) Over all it seems to be a good solid little boat and should be an easy first project for the OLD MAN.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:The Disease has spread 10 years 2 months ago #98131

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
jet , your dad has a nice looking boat and even has a elgin trailer. greg

Re:The Disease has spread 10 years 2 months ago #98134

• StevieB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice.
:)

Regards,
StevieB

Re:The Disease has spread 10 years 2 months ago #98137

Gotta Love it.

Re:The Disease has spread 10 years 2 months ago #98157

Cool!

Bob

Re:The Disease has spread 10 years 2 months ago #98197

Awesome boat. I have the 1960 Owens. Take some more pictures when you have a chance. By the way great deal.

Re:The Disease has spread 10 years 2 months ago #98220

• cron78
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Nice catch. Hope the Merc's in good shape for you, too.

Re:The Disease has spread 10 years 2 months ago #98278

Thanks guys! Its funny I actually bought the boat from a member here, Steve aka merckid. Great guy with an awesome collection of outboards. I really look forward to helping my father restore his new boat, who knows maybe I can get him to join fiberglassic and start posting pictures of his own. The mercury mark 58A is actually a pull start only with no spark at the moment, hopefully my brother can help with that problem though.

Re:The Disease has spread 10 years 2 months ago #98283

Congrats !! never to old to catch the bug. Bonding time !! thats cool too!!

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105868

Sadly my father was killed over the weekend by a drunk driver, while he was riding his bicycle home from work. He was only 56 years old and an avid bicyclist. As soon as I can get his boat home I am going to start restoring it in memory of him. I know he was excited about getting the boat back in the water and even had bought the red paint he was going to use on it, which was its original color. Hopefully by spring or early summer I can have it finished, and take my mother for a ride in it. When I do start working on it I will start a new thread in the projects section of the forum.

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105870

Jet, sorry to hear of your dads passing. I wish the best to you and yours at this difficult time.
Regards, Gene

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105871

I feel for you.my parents are gone my in law are gone recently.Now I'm know I'm getting old and soon I be gone too.that's why I choose to restore my classic boats I have 3 of my favorites.1 for me 1 for my oldest daughter and 1 for my youngest daughter.I know what I leave behind isn't even my money or asset that gave them any memories but with all of this boat that my daughters and I work together will be priceless I hope.I don't write good but I hope it make sense.

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105872

1968jetflite,

Our most sincere condolences on the loss of your dad.

yours, Duckie & satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105873

so very sad to hear about this. life shouldn't be that short. you will be in our thoughts. john and brenda

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105874

1968jetflite,
Sorry about your dad. I'm sure he's cruising the roads on his bike up in heaven, waiting for you to finish his boat.
I know there will be a lot of love restoring her. I'm sure there will also be a lot of memories as you work away on the restore.
Prayers from all of us. Take care

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105876

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Jetflight. So sad to hear about your father. It's been in our local newspaper and TV the past few days but I never connected it to one of our members. It's like losing part of the family and at such a young age.
Cal

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105877

Jetflight, Sorry for you and your families lost, Prayers are with you all !!! Madbohunk safe boating

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105884

Thats very sad, I'm 57 and was almost killed on my motorcycle a couple years ago, we have to enjoy the time we have on earth and doing the things we love, life is dangerous and living your life safe isn't possible.
Hug your family and cherish them like there is no tomorrow.
Steve

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105902

We are sorry to here of your loss. I am the same age. I think it would be great to finish the boat in his memory. When I bought my boat from the previous owner's grandson, I had the privilege to take his 92 year old wife for one last ride. She hadn't been in the boat in 20 years. We will all remember that day. She passed away the next spring.
Bill
Attachments:

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105916

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Condolences to you and the family. I think your idea of finishing the boat is great. Lots of memories to look forward to.

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105919

finish it and we will include it in the 2016 classic boat calendar....."in memory of" ron

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105920

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
hey jet, sorry to hear about your sad news, we are thinking of you in these ruff times. frog

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105965

Thank you everyone for the kind words I really do appreciate it.

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105970

Condolences to you and your family, sorry for your loss

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105973

Very sad. I'm sorry jet about your loss, and have my first post on fiberglassics to be to offer prayers and condolences for this reason. May the pain pass soon and your memories be fond and the project remind you of great times with him. Peace to you and the family.

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105976

Idahoian,

WELCOME ABOARD & WELL-SAID, too.
(This is in some respects "an extended family", that you've joined, as we've had births of children/grandchildren, marriages, anniversaries, graduations of family members, serious medical problems of divers sorts & yes, deaths too.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105979

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I know what it's like to lose your father, it leaves a big hole in your heart, but it does mend over time. I am the same age as your father, that's way too young, especially under the circumstances, that should never happen. Look forward to your progress on the boat, please post. That will be a great memorial to your Dad.

All the Best

Bill

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105980

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Jet, I'm not that far from your residence, about a 1 1/2 hrs. If there is any help you need with that boat let me know. My days are long but never too busy to work on another glassic.
Attachments:

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105982

Hello Byron,

Very sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my pop when he was only 55 and that is way too young.
Hope to see the boat this summer.

Terry

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105984

Best wishes, sorry to here about your Father. Keep your spirits high and I send my condolences in your rough time.

Travis

www.liquidassetsonline.org , 63\'PowerCat14-C w/twin64\'650\'s,14\'Glen-L Zip w/Mark58E,58\'TeeNee,
Mark55AE,Mark55E,PairMark58E\\\'s,Mark58AE,Mark78AEL, 6-7RBM\'s.Keep EM\' Alive! Always looking to add to collection.

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105985

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Jetflite,I'm very sorry for your loss.It's hard to get over the pain,but time does help. I still have the old boat my Dad and I used to take to the lake and the coast. As far as I know,it will be passed down to one of my kids someday. It still after all these years,means a great deal to me as I'm sure your and your dad's boat does to you. I know my Dad was happy that I kept his old boat. Jim

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105987

Jetflite,
My heart is heavy for you and your family. I know I am not the only forum member that considers us all 'family', and such a loss leaves us all with a broken heart and well wishes for you and your family.
This boat will no doubt be a family keepsake where both the labor to finish it and the boat rides thereafter will keep your fond memories of your dad warm and refreshing in your heart.
If you ever need someone to talk with, zap me an email and I'll send you my phone number.
Sincerely,
Doc Frankenmerc (Thom)

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105989

jetflite,im very sorry for the loss of your father,especially in such a way as he did,im very sure he was a very special father,since he raised a fine man as yourself.
i hope you have many happy memories in it.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #105998

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Sorry to hear about your dad but I like the idea of getting this boat done in his honor,, I did a replica of one of my dads old boats that always put a smile when I walk by it see ya on the river Bill

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #106005

I am very, very sorry for your loss. It's a lesson to live every day with passion. The pain will last a long time. Let it. Embrace it. It will beat you otherwise. There will be no better monument to him than to finish your last father/son project in his name. He will be beside you the whole time. There may not be any stronger bonds on earth than fathers, sons, and boats.

Craig

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #106027

So sorry for the loss. I don't have the words. :(

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #106037

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
My heart goes out to you Byron, I know what a rough time it is when you lose your father. Please accept my sincere condolences, and a hearty pat on the back for the great idea restoring the "old man's" boat - excellent idea sir!

Mark

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #106208

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
oh, man, Byron, I'm sorry to learn the news. Best of wishes to you and your family. :(

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #106236

Byron, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know the feeling all too well. Restoring the boat in his name is a great idea and will be a very rewarding endeavor as I did the same with mine. Again soooo sorry for your loss and hang in there buddy.

Bob

Re:The Disease has spread 9 years 7 months ago #106750

I was able to bring dads boat home this last weekend, it was sort of bitter sweet though. I will start working on it as soon as I can.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online