Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: STRAM fiberglass boats?????

STRAM fiberglass boats????? 10 years 2 months ago #98014

Friends,

I found (by purest accident) a 1972 STRAM fiberglass boat on a nice trailer. - I was looking for a trailer "on-line" at the time.

The "usual suspects" in "search engines" have revealed NOTHING at all about this builder, except some listings of classified ads for "used boats" from MO & TX newspapers of the 1971-74 era.

I talked to the owner of the boat/trailer & he said that the Stram boats were built in Kansas City, MO and (he believes) in the Dallas-Ft Worth, TX area.
AND
The data-plate on the transom states that the rated capacity is a gross load of 1600 pounds & it is rated for up to 80HP.

As some of you know, I'm a collector of information on TX-built boats by "small and independent boat-builders".

I said all of that to say this: Does anyone here KNOW anything about STRAM boats?

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:STRAM fiberglass boats????? 10 years 2 months ago #98022

Try looking for STRAHM boats..

Even 1 pix in the FG library:

Strahm boats will give you a few more hits. That other site lists them back to 1973

Good luck, and if it is actually STRAM, please ignore the above info ;)

Re:STRAM fiberglass boats????? 10 years 2 months ago #98038

jbcurt00,

The TX title says STRAM, however I believe you're correct. = THANKS for the help.
(Fyi, the TP&WD has a 1951 GLASTRON titled & Glastron didn't build any boats until 1957.)

yours, satx

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:STRAM fiberglass boats????? 10 years 2 months ago #98039

In 1970 when it became law that ANY and all powered boat used in TX waters had to be reg you just went to the county tax office, filled out the form paid the money and got your TX#.

They did not check out your boat or anything. If you did not know the year, you gave what year you thought it was. If you did not know the maker they many times listed it as home or shop made. If you did not know how to spell the maker they or you did the best that you could.

You should have seen the way that they spelled Ouachita on my uncle's jon boat.

CAVU

Re:STRAM fiberglass boats????? 10 years 2 months ago #98050

TallTexan,

AGREED. - The TX title law for boats is a FINE example of how FOOLISH & UNNECESSARY that most things that government tries to do is.

IF the TX legislature was SMART, they would REPEAL the title requirement for all boats over 25 years old & replace that requirement with NOTHING. = Virtually nobody steals "our boats" and a simple registration & collection of a license fee is all that is needed.

just my opinion, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle