Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: help identifying boat, trailer, and engines

help identifying boat, trailer, and engines 10 years 2 months ago #97906

Ok I know this may be a pain in the butt set of questions to ask but I am New about working on boats. I work on rigs mainly but i am finally starting to get around to working on this wacanda jet boat. I am trying to find some info on it cause there is like no paperwork to back it up. If anyone knows where to hunt down or look at on them to find like the year and model or such. I have no clue of the year of boat or where to find it. It is the one in the picture and the v hull is one of the tallest hulls I have seen on boats. I am told it is powered by twin Buick v6 motors but not positive. They still do have the blue Buick paint on them but just not sure on it. Also the trailer im lost on or what size of trailer Jack I need for it. I am sorry this is so long winded and any detailed Information would help so I can start looking for parts to get her on the water again. :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:help identifying boat, trailer, and engines 10 years 2 months ago #97936

Pics please, helps tremendously.

Bob

Re:help identifying boat, trailer, and engines 10 years 2 months ago #97975

Same boat as in your profile photo? Neat. Try to find any model or serial numbers on the motors or jet drive(s). The jet pump could be any of a number of make such as Berkeley, Turbocraft, Star-Fire, or Jacuzzi.

Re:help identifying boat, trailer, and engines 10 years 2 months ago #98182

well i checked the numbers on the head under the valve covers and googled it. i came up with a 65 buick skylark 225 engine. I found serial numbers for the trailer and boat but couldn't find any info. But im not sure if im looking in the right place. The boat number is K 6252. The trailer is a calkins trailer and it's number is DVH-1019. I appreciate the help.

WATER WINGS: I am still trying with the pics.

HANDY ANDY: Yes it is the same boat as in the profile pic and the jet drives say they are star-fire from spokane washington.

Re:help identifying boat, trailer, and engines 10 years 2 months ago #98187

Neat, the Star-Fire jet drive was around for only a few years in the early 1960's. Here's a brochure from 1961 that was listed on Ebay a while ago:
Attachments:

Re:help identifying boat, trailer, and engines 10 years 2 months ago #98284

Ok now upon further investigation I have found I need new bunks, New rollers, New bow stop,and I would like to get another canvas type top that it had. Wish I wouldn't have tossed the old one. Oh and boots for the back jet drive part. Does anyone know of good places to find this or should I see if local boat shops have it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online