Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: prop headache

prop headache 10 years 3 months ago #97607

Well, I took my spun prop to a local shop last Monday. I found 2 existing prop hubs and had one of them shipped to me. When I got it on Wednesday, I took it to the shop where they had my propeller. It was SUPPOSED to be picked up by another prop shop (2 hours away from here) on Thursday and returned this thursday ready to go.

Well, I have worked in retail in the past and am very aware that if you don't keep bugging people to do their jobs, then they aren't going to do them!

Anyways, on Monday, I called the prop shop (2 hours away) to make sure they received the prop and the hub...the reply..."we don't have your prop here." Well, I called and left a very courteous message with the owner of the shop here in town. He called back and said that they did pick it up. Well...he really didn't know that because...after he returned from vacation, he realized he was wrong.

Anyways, he overnighted it today and I SHOULD have it back on Friday in time for the Lake Chautauqua, NY show. The bummer...I have to pay for the overnight shipping :angry: The owner at my local store blamed me for setting the box with the hub in front of the propeller and it got unnoticed by the guy picking everything else up. The stupid thing is that, when I brought him the hub, I asked him where to place it, and he told me to set it where I did and he watched me do it!!!

So, should I demand that he be responsible for the extra costs? He also said that it cost him time and money to send one of his workers to the ups store! AHHH!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dreams do become reality!

Re:prop headache 10 years 3 months ago #97616

lesson learned this time. Always cut out the middle man when ever possible.at least your back on the water again.

Re:prop headache 10 years 3 months ago #97617

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

So, should I demand that he be responsible for the extra costs? He also said that it cost him time and money to send one of his workers to the ups store! AHHH!

From the sounds of it you will be wasting your time. It can't hurt to ask, but I'd wait until the prop is back in your hands! Your best recourse is to NOT use this guy again, especially now that you know where to send your props for repair. Good customer service is becoming a lost art, it's really a sad state of affairs IMHO. Not that this guy will care, but you might also point out you won't be giving him any referrals in the future if you're not treated fairly...

Mark

Re:prop headache 10 years 2 months ago #97651

mark hit it on the head...ditto

Re:prop headache 10 years 2 months ago #97757

yep i agree if you do do anything wait til you have the prop in the car and locked up and then go back a raise hell, it wont do any good but you will get your shippings worth of tongue lashing. haahaha he probably thought i am not going to make anything off this so why bother , but in essence he lost more then a few bucks by passing this job on. you wont be back unless all else fails. maybe to buy oil or something. i am in the service business i have drove 20 miles to cut three keys and charge 10 dollars in hopes that the next time they need something they will remember me. maybe maybe not, but in the long run it pays off. this guy was looking at the here and now. not later on when you need service or major repair .. i would ask around and you might be surprised what others might know.

just glad you are whole again. i think.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online