Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat restore blog/page

Boat restore blog/page 10 years 3 months ago #97317

I have started a page on facebook for my restoration progress with more pictures - it is under Dorsett Catalina - rather than flood the forum here with my blathering I will just do it there should anyone be interested. I still plan to use the forum here but will keep it to specific questions for the experts!!!
Thanks
Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Boat restore blog/page 10 years 3 months ago #97319

Who cares? Flood away!

Re:Boat restore blog/page 10 years 3 months ago #97321

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Lee, I for one enjoy seeing your progress here at Fiberglassics. I always felt that's what this site was for. jim

Re:Boat restore blog/page 10 years 3 months ago #97322

Ok no problem will do both!!!! Yesterday and today I cut out a good section of the inner deck area as the plywood under the think layer of fiberglass was rotted - I think it better to just replace the whole section rather than try to piecemeal it. Under the floor it was full of water!!! The stringers were actually quite solid - I think just being immersed in water kept the oxygen away. I washed everything out under there with a mixture of bleach, mould killer and detergent - in the 100 degree Californian sun it will probably all dry out in a couple of days or so!!! I am waiting for my buddy to give advice about where to cut back to in the transom - as you can see in picture I stopped shy of the edges as that wood is rock solid and under the fiberglass - I am hoping to use that as support for the new wood transom inside.

Re:Boat restore blog/page 10 years 3 months ago #97323

OK trying to post pictures but no luck what am I doing wrong?

Re:Boat restore blog/page 10 years 3 months ago #97324

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Lee,I use a photobucket acct to post my pics. Works great!!

Re:Boat restore blog/page 10 years 3 months ago #97326

Re:Boat restore blog/page 10 years 3 months ago #97340

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Lee, your in business now. You can post a pic from photob by clicking on the IMG line in the "links to share this photo" block on the right of your screen and pasting it in your text of your message.

Re:Boat restore blog/page 10 years 3 months ago #97343

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
I got a question.Was the wood exposed on the inside of the transom like that or was it originally glassed over and the glass been removed? Those boats don't look terribly hard to put a floor and transom in.I had looked for one of those around here(NC) back in the Spring...nonexistent. Now,I have some unexpected expenses that will take MY toy money I had put back :( . Maybe someday I'll find one of those or maybe a G-par seafair or ??. Have fun with it. jim

Re:Boat restore blog/page 10 years 3 months ago #97495

• shacomm
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Post on both! (At least the highlights and questions here.) I do the same with my blog... I don't care if anybody reads my blog but its there for me to go back to when I'm trying to remember something.

By the way don't forget to cross link back to Fiberglassics. Your blog will get good search engine mojo and that mojo rubs off on the folks you link back to. The bottom line is that will help other newbies find both resources!

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online