Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help Screwed up

Help Screwed up 10 years 3 months ago #97227

Hello All, I know that Im a Newbie and all, but need some help here from the Great Minds that I have been reading about. While trying to do my own Lower End changing of the Lube oil I pulled out the wrong drain screw. I took out the Pivot Pin. oops. hiding head in sand. Now I cannot get it back in. Help. I have now found the rt 1 to take out but this Pivot Pin will not go back in. Need some advice here. It is a 1963 Johnson Super Sea Horse 40 HP. Thankyou in Advance. Tom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help Screwed up 10 years 3 months ago #97228

You can try to use an ice pick to help align it. Maybe slight movement of the shift linkage will help.

Re:Help Screwed up 10 years 3 months ago #97229

I would pull the LU and
(1) replace the water pump
(2) replace the seals
(3)check the gears and bearings
(4) and while replacing the seals, and reinstalling the gears and bearings; put everything back (the pin) like it should be knowing it is in the right place

CAVU

Re:Help Screwed up 10 years 3 months ago #97230

Thankyou very much on the Ice Pick idea. I will try that tomorrow jimandros. How far could it drop in there?

Re:Help Screwed up 10 years 3 months ago #97231

Thankyou very much for the Quick reponse TallTexan. If I cannot get it with the Ice pick idea I guess I will have to pull the lower unit. I do have some Mechanical back ground and the parts book for the Motor. Anything I should worry about when pulling the LU? Thankyou in Advance again Sir. Tom.

Re:Help Screwed up 10 years 3 months ago #97234

squallkingtom wrote:

Thankyou very much on the Ice Pick idea. I will try that tomorrow jimandros. How far could it drop in there?

It can't move too far. Really a very simple mechanism. You are not the first and won't be the last to remove that screw (No I never did it). I guess they put a phillips head there so you would need to change screw drivers. Maybe that should have been a clue?

Re:Help Screwed up 10 years 3 months ago #97250

Thankyou very much again jimandros for your quick reponse. Hopefully I will get Lucky and get it with the pick. Tom

Re:Help Screwed up 10 years 3 months ago #97253

I turned it upside down and it almost fell back in place.
Attachments:

Re:Help Screwed up 10 years 3 months ago #97257

Hey Robert, Just wanted to Thankyou very much for the Detailed Picture of what the Pivot Bracket looks like. I ended up taking the lower end off and checking everything. All looks good and not worn put on new seals and put the Pivot pin back in. Fresh Lube in Lower End and all good. Launch Tomorrow:) Tom.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online