• Page:

TOPIC: Michigan Chapter Show Letter from Bill Amderson

Michigan Chapter Show Letter from Bill Amderson 10 years 3 months ago #96661

• JAG
  • JAG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Bill sent this to me this morning, It is the letter he just sent off to our show chair person Greg Lewandowski who headed up our show in Saint Clair Michigan this last weekend. Thank you Bill for being so kind and taking the extra time to recognize a job well done.
I sure hope after reading this that more of you can put our show on your to do list next year. JAG

Hi,, I just wanted to drop you a note thanking the club and members for a great show. When John first asked if I would bring a boat up, all I could think of was the drive,but the more I thought about it, it sounded like a plan, then we spread the plan to a few others, There were 3 more that wanted but couldn’t make it, their loss, ,I have not been treated so well since my last family reunion, plenty of chicken and good stories, I have never felt so welcome ,people came up to me for 3 days thanking me for coming, they had it wrong, I needed to thank them for all the well organized work that was put in to this show. I usually show on land so the complete boat can be seen as well as the trailer, but John insisted that I sign for in water, he was right, easy ramp, great docks, still water, and plenty of help when needed ,I am used to getting a goodie bag that usually gets lost,, but this one was used; nice goblets and the $15.00 quenched my thirst.

Well to sum all this up, I enjoyed it and I will be back, I will bring something different, also I do appreciate the recognition of winning a trophy for the outboards,

Here is a pic of maybe next year entry, take a look at website when possible, it needs updated but you get the idea thanks again Bill Anderson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Michigan Chapter Show Letter from Bill Amderson 10 years 3 months ago #96668

the same way my wife and i were received by the Philadelphia Chapter back in 2005. ron

Re:Michigan Chapter Show Letter from Bill Amderson 10 years 3 months ago #96690

Way to go Bill! I believe the glassic presence made a great impact to this years event.Their set up with the floating docks and viewing is top notch. Hopefully next year more classic glass will come out and show. Any pics of Sundays run down the river?

Travis

PS looks like I'll be pulling the 14-C from behind the barn earlier than I thought for 100% restoration! :ohmy:

www.liquidassetsonline.org , 63\'PowerCat14-C w/twin64\'650\'s,14\'Glen-L Zip w/Mark58E,58\'TeeNee,
Mark55AE,Mark55E,PairMark58E\\\'s,Mark58AE,Mark78AEL, 6-7RBM\'s.Keep EM\' Alive! Always looking to add to collection.

Re:Michigan Chapter Show Letter from Bill Amderson 10 years 3 months ago #96719

Bills take on the ACBS Michigan Chapter show was spot on. We were welcomed and I believe everyone appreciated the diversity our boats brought to the event.
The Friday afternoon cruise to the St. Clair Flats and lunch on a private island was great fun. Our hosts Bob and Sue Bryson hosted the group of about 30 boats for grilled chickens and pulled pork with baked beans and cheesy potatoes that really hit the spot. Homemade desserts and great company topped off the afternoon before heading back out to St. Clair Harbor.

That evening we were treated again at the Captains welcome party with yet more food and drink. The fried chicken and lasagna was absolutely delicious after the 25 mile cruise back to St Clair. Is it just me or does being out on the water give you an appetite too?

The weather for the big show on Saturday was picture perfect and helped bring out the spectators.
The show traditionally opens with the flag raising ceremony with the VFW color guard and the singing of our National anthem. The Canadian flag is also raised and their anthem sang as many members of the Michigan Chapter live in Canada.
The Classic Glass boats on land were lined up at the entrance to the docks and the Glassics in the water were all grouped together in the front slips (or wells and they say up there). This gave our boats great exposure because there is just so much to see. I was there for four days and never quite reached the far end of the docks.

The show itself wrapped up late Saturday afternoon with many folks going out on the river for an early evening cruise. Our group of glass guys met later at a local river front restaurant for dinner and a recap as many were planning to head back home early on Sunday. Hey where’s John and Julia and Diane?
I decided to take advantage of the last planned activity of the event and this entailed yet more cruising on this great Michigan waterway. I hitched a ride with our friend John Gambill, on his newly restored Chris Craft XK22 ’22 Skidoo!”, for brunch at the Old Club on Harsens Island.
To quote from their webpage “The Old Club is an exclusive island community surrounded by the pristine, fresh water of the Great Lakes delta known as the St. Clair Flats” A relaxing and delicious brunch with fellow ACBS members in the historic clubhouse and a stroll around the grounds was an excellent way to cap off the weekend.

Thanks again John for instigating us glassheads to participate.
More boat pictures later
Terry

Re:Michigan Chapter Show Letter from Bill Amderson 10 years 3 months ago #96723

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
1 - I'm nominating Terry Di for "Field Reporter / Photographer of the Year" award. Thanks Terry for the great pics and reports!

2 - Bill taking a few minutes to write a thank you note to the show promoters really shows what a "class act" is all about IMHO. Little things like that go a long way to establishing great relationships in the hobby, IMHO.

It sounds to me like we had the best ambassadors we could have possibly chosen representing the Classic Glass feature boats at this event, great job to one and all!

Mark

Re:Michigan Chapter Show Letter from Bill Amderson 10 years 3 months ago #96762

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
BILLS Feature boat pic & mention of the 22 glass boats on display
can be read in this LINK. CONGRATS www.woodyboater.com/classic-boat-shows/late-live-ish-classic-boat-show-st-clair-michigan/

Re:Michigan Chapter Show Letter from Bill Amderson 10 years 3 months ago #96767

Looks like it was a fantastic show! That's terrific that 22 out of 75 were Classic Glass boats. Great job to all who attended and made the show happen.

The North Coast Ohio ACBS show at Portage Lakes near Akron, Ohio is this weekend. While the theme is Wood Utilities, I expect to see at least 6-8 fiberglass and aluminum boats there this weekend. Last year there were 4 non-wood boats, a record. There is dock space for 55 in water boats, and on land space for about another 20 or so. Details are at:

www.northcoastohio.org/2014PortageLakesShow.pdf

My little MFG Niagara is registered and will be in the water there for the judging. Finishing up detailing of the boat this evening.

I'll post pictures and details next week.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online