Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello all, new here and new to boats

Hello all, new here and new to boats 10 years 3 months ago #96512

Hello, my name is Brandon, trying a new hobby. I'm new to boats in general but have been learning a lot as I go. I picked up a couple projects and spent less than 500 so far for these. I picked up a 64 glaspar Avalon with mercury 1150 that's not running for a 100 bucks, that project will be for later, my current project is a 1980 bayliner eagle 2 that I picked up for a couple hundred that in awesome condition only missing the outboard. I happened to run across someone selling a 64 evinrude starflite 90s with all the cables and the guy was even able to start it for me by manually supplying power to the starter and solenoid so I can hear it fire up for a second. Didn't even cost me anything, traded the guy a bigscreen tv that I got for free that I repaired, haha. temporarily installing it on the bayliner so I can get it out on the water sooner, the evinrude will be permanent on the glaspar when the time comes. Got the evinrude running awesome but had a shifting problem (I already opened a thread for that). The jist of it was blown out pinion bearing that was locking up the shaft when put in gear.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Hello all, new here and new to boats 10 years 3 months ago #96513

Welcome aboard!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The ONLY Easy Day Was Yesterday
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle