Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1957 Cadillac Constellation

1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #96461

Can anyone help me figure out how much my 57 Constellation is worth? Motor worked when I bought it 5 years ago, but does not work now. I think the trailer is original, the windshield is not. I don't know anything about boats, but I want to learn. FIre some questions at me!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #96518

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
It's worth $300, and I'm on my way over to pick it up! Ha ha (I borrowed that joke from Frog!) Seriously, the "fair market value" is hard to pin point, it depends mainly on what somebody is willing to pay for it. That looks to be a very nice example, classic lines and fins too! It doesn't look like it would take a lot to get her water ready, I'm hoping you're planning on keeping her?

Lots of great info and plenty of folks here willing to help you learn, just take it one step at a time. I can't really see the outboard in the pic, any info needed should be posted in the appropriate outboard forum. (Mercury Outpost, JEGO Forum for Johnson, Evinrude, Gale, etc..)

Welcome aboard

Mark

Re:1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #96528

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
mark, I guess that i'am to well known. but you are wrong i'll give 350.00 just let me know were to pick it up at' lol' yes you have a very nice caddy, and a teenee trailer also. we need more pic's also. frog

Re: 1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #96533

laughingloon,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #96535

• StevieB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Laughinloon,
I also have a Cadillac Constellation, and I personally know of four (4) others. I am in the process of begining a restoration on mine, which is a 1958. A friend of mine, Greg, has restored two of them, so if you need any help, we are both able to help and answer questions. Where are you located?

Regards,
StevieB

Re:1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #96569

I have indeed restored two 1958 Constellations. Paid $1200 for each of them. However both of the boats came with working motors. The fact that your motor may need help might offset the more desirable trailer. Windshields are out there and cost between $150 used to $400 plus shipping new.

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin
Attachments:

Re:1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #96655

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Nicole, are you trying to sell your caddie? or just want to know how much it is worth. greg

Re:1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #96961

HI all. Sorry for the silence…work, normal family stuff, and a daughter's high school graduation got in the way!

Thanks for the great info & pics of restored Caddies. Gives me hope.

Mark - I'll try to get some more pics up soon, including better shots of the motor.

Frog - I don't really WANT to sell. I just need a rough valuation for now. I'm going to make every effort I can to keep and restore. I'd love to restore her to the conditions of yours!

StevieB - I am in central Minnesota. But those of you offering $300 or $350 will never find the boat…I've got her stored in a climate controlled underground bunker. :P

Not sure when I'll be able to get to the restoration project or if I ever will. I'm crafty, but this is beyond my skill set! And then I'll need to teach myself how to back-up a trailer and navigate a boat. Lots of new tricks for this old dog. I'm thinking I should stay home from work today and get started.

Regarding the forum; is there an inbox or some sort of flag or thing that tells you when folks reply to posts? I had a devil of a time finding this thread.

Thanks again. I appreciate the help and feed-back!

Re:1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #96967

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5

Regarding the forum; is there an inbox or some sort of flag or thing that tells you when folks reply to posts? I had a devil of a time finding this thread.

Yes, you can "Subscribe" the thread and the site will notify you when there is a response. See the button at the bottom of the posts?

Mark

Re:1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #96990

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Nicole, I think you got me confused with greg Anderson , who is from wisconson. I am greg fliss from Minnesota. and yes I would love to have his 2 caddies. best of luck in your restoration project. and I,ll bump it up to 375.00 lol. greg :lol:

Re:1957 Cadillac Constellation 10 years 3 months ago #97040

Mark - I got it. Thanks!

Jeepers, this is fun. I can't wait to get started!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online