• Page:

TOPIC: Had a strange day at the lake today

Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96141

• Jim L
  • Jim L's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
First off,I get to the gas station on the way down to the lake and find out I forgot to grab my billfold so daughter gets the gas. Then get down to the ramp and there's a BIG fishing tournament going on so NO parking. Finally make a parking spot and get in the boat,notice the fuel bulb won't pump tight so I switch to the other tank and get out of the way. Out on the lake for a while stop and set for a while and for no known reason, the drain plug just pops out of the hole into the floor and water's shooting in like a fire hydrant. My son in law is panicking to get the plug back in :laugh: Women are squealing :laugh: Get that fixed.Then I take the end off the fuel line and stick it in the tank with the bad pickup and run through that tank. Got home and took the pickup off the tank and discovered the darn pick up tube had fallen off the pickup! Never seen that happen before. But I can honestly say the motor ran great,just everything else flew all to h@ll :laugh: AND HOW WAS YOUR DAY :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96144

Damn Jim, sounds like you had a Saturday the 13th vice Friday. LOL

Bob

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96145

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
jim, I loved your story. sounds like my last week. if it could go wrong it did. hang in there it will get better, that's what my wife tells me. greg

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96199

Dang Jim,....that is some bad luck you had buddy! :(

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96201

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
At the time, all of it was kinda annoying, but thinking back, it's funny now. A comedy of errors I guess :laugh: Still haven't figured how that plug popped out.

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96202

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Dang, what a day, sounds like you made it over the hurdles fine though and in all in all enjoyed your day... glad to see you made it home alive ;)

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96204

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Shake wrote:

Dang, what a day, sounds like you made it over the hurdles fine though and in all in all enjoyed your day... glad to see you made it home alive ;)

LOL there was a time or two I began to wonder,Joe. :laugh:

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96206

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
lol, I had a pretty stressful weekend too, nothing scary like almost sinking n such lol.

Went camping back in iowa, arrived really late friday night, all sites with hookups full, so dropped the camper on a primitive site and me and the kids just went strait bed, got up the next morning, we went searching for a better sight, null all still full, saw some people we knew, stopped chatted with them, then saw the couple acroos from them where loading up, as soon as I saw the tiki torches go in the back of the truck I knew they were heading out, so I hurried up and put my tag on their post, paid, hooked the camper up n took the spot, then AAAAAAAAHHH finally running hot water and electricity.. lol

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96209

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
They say "a bad day at the lake beats a good day anywhere else" Jim, but I know it doesn't seem like it at the time! Glad to hear you survived the malady, hope you got the bad luck out of the way for the rest of the season.

Good to hear the camping trip worked out Joe, sounds like the PR Park stays pretty busy these days. I used to make fun of my little brother for taking his camper out and claiming a spot on Wed. or Thurs., paying the extra day(s). I won't tease him about it anymore! :laugh:

Mark

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96286

I can tell you why the plug popped out. LAKE TROLLS.
Attachments:

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96542

Your plug goes in from the people tank?

Maybe it's just that I spent my Navy career under water, but the plug in my boat goes in from the outside so that I can pull it out easier once I trailer it AND so that water pressure, which can change with water temperature, is pushing the plug into the hole from the outside.... :laugh:

The ONLY Easy Day Was Yesterday

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96548

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
PaulHolcomb wrote:

Maybe it's just that I spent my Navy career under water, but the plug in my boat goes in from the outside so that I can pull it out easier once I trailer it AND so that water pressure, which can change with water temperature, is pushing the plug into the hole from the outside.... :laugh:

Yeah,my plug goes in the hole from the inside so I can remove it while underway, to pull out water that gets in the boat from swimming/tubing or rain while out on the lake. jim

Re:Had a strange day at the lake today 10 years 3 months ago #96641

Jim L wrote:

PaulHolcomb wrote:

Yeah,my plug goes in the hole from the inside so I can remove it while underway, to pull out water that gets in the boat from swimming/tubing or rain while out on the lake. jim

I'm lost....

The ONLY Easy Day Was Yesterday
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle