Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Found 16ft 1959 (I think) Magnolia, please advise

Found 16ft 1959 (I think) Magnolia, please advise 10 years 3 months ago #96132

Hi everyone! I was doing some basic research on a boat I found for sale locally, and ended up finding these forums.

I can't find much at all, aside from what is in the wiki section.

I know it's a Magnolia for sure, but know nothing more really.

Here's a link to a gallery of images. LINK

I have offered $400 as my final offer. The engine has good compression, new plugs/wires/fuel lines/filters. There are no major hull damages, only the scratch in the photo you see, nor any evidence of repairs. The box in the back will need to be rebuilt, as will the wiring harness (but only if I want to use the engine to charge the battery). Pull start works fine. Steering needs a little work, but is all there. Levers all work, transmission shifts fine, throttle works. She needs a paint and polish and a little fiberglass work under the seats.

I plan on this being a little project that I can work on with my wife. I'm not looking to turn it into a show boat, just something we can be proud of rehabilitating and use on the weekends to hang out on the lake/river with the dog.

If you guys are willing, I'll be hounding you all for advise in the projects section if I end up buying her.

What do you guys know about her? Any links to information about Magnolia boats or their history? Think I'm making a mistake? :-) Let me know!

-Oliver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Found 16ft 1959 (I think) Magnolia, please advise 10 years 3 months ago #96133

oliverthomasart,

WELCOME ABOARD.

Sounds like a FUN project for a couple. - There are LOTS of real experts here to ask for advice, as you move through "fixing stuff".

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Found 16ft 1959 (I think) Magnolia, please advise 10 years 3 months ago #96149

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome Oliver, glad to have you join us. Unfortunately I don't see anything in the FG Library (that I could find) on Magnolia, but I'm sure someone will chime in with some info for you eventually?

It does look like a great project, and I think you've made a fair offer (for what it's worth). The gang here is always glad to help with advise and guidance, if the deal goes through let us know and we'll get you started! ;)

Mark

Re:Found 16ft 1959 (I think) Magnolia, please advise 10 years 3 months ago #96160

Welcome aboard Oliver, I'm with Mark, I think that was a fair offer. Now for the boat make, not familiar, sorry. Someone here may know. There were many many short lived boat companies out there. Andreas may know more, he's the guru when it comes to finding boat company info.

Bob

Re:Found 16ft 1959 (I think) Magnolia, please advise 10 years 3 months ago #96164

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Oliver, welcome to the crew. Looks like a fun boat to begin with. A warning...you have stepped in it! The bug is now crawling around in your veins and you will forever be looking at older boats and analyzing them. On the highway you will speed up just to get a look at the trailered boat two car lengths ahead :)

We are all here to help and just love being hounded.

Cal

Re:Found 16ft 1959 (I think) Magnolia, please advise 10 years 3 months ago #96165

Hello Oliver,
The Magnolia is in the library here.
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Magnolia
Looks like the High-Styled Barracuda.
Its a cool lookin old boat.
Terry
Attachments:

Re:Found 16ft 1959 (I think) Magnolia, please advise 10 years 3 months ago #96200

Well, the guy took my offer, so as of tomorrow noon she's mine. I'm looking forward to working on her with you guys. ;) I'll be posting in the diy subreddit as well at www.reedit.com/r/diy

When I start working on it I'll post in the questions/projects section here and will leave a link here.

Also learned what b o a t stands for from the senior firefighter at my station.... Bust Out Another Thousand!

Re:Found 16ft 1959 (I think) Magnolia, please advise 10 years 3 months ago #96205

oliverthomasart,

Fwiw, I've had at least a couple of dozen boat/motor/trailer combinations over the last 3 decades AND I've NOT had more than 1,000.oo cash in any of them (other than my "free labor" of course), so the "break out another thousand" is BRAVO SIERRA, unless you are PAYING for a lot of hand labor.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle