Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What Boat is This?

What Boat is This? 10 years 4 months ago #95585

Hi Everyone, I am New to your forum, but I join with a real challenge for you! May I ask your experienced Members to help identify my Project Boat that I recently purchased.......She is 15ft Long, and has a 1968 Evinrude 33hp Twin Ski Outboard on the stern.

There are no Plates on the hull, but when I took up the floor, I was surprised to find that she has Four Foam Filled Stringers and all in pristine condition. The Transom has gone, so I will fix that swiftly, but I am really intrigued to find out her age and Maker.

Please help, and my thanks in advance,

Cheers & Regards
RWJData56

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: What Boat is This? 10 years 4 months ago #95594

RWJData56,

WELCOME ABOARD.

I hate to break it to you BUT you may NEVER find out who built it FOR CERTAIN, as between 1950-80 there were HUNDREDS of smaller regional builders that "copied" a BIGGER company's and (sometimes even) each other's designs AND some smaller companies BOUGHT other maker's molds, made boats from those "old" molds & then put their name on the "new boat".
(Here in TX alone, we had over a HUNDRED "small & independent" builders of FG boats.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:What Boat is This? 10 years 4 months ago #95605

Data56,

Is there any information on the registration? Do you think it was built in the US or Australia?

Don

Re:What Boat is This? 10 years 4 months ago #95608

Thank you for your responses, firstly, Satx, you may be right....the Design is of early 60's vintage with fully moulded deck, but its was first registered here in Australia in 1980. Perhaps it was a ressurected Mould. Having said that, It would appear by the quality of the Foam Moulded stringers, and the generally sound condition of the Whole Boat that it was a Production Boat. Despite someone giving it a bad paint job, and some minor alterations, she will be fun to deck out and get her going again. I will strive to find out who built her.....Here are a couple of more pics!

Cheers
RWJData56
Attachments:

Re:What Boat is This? 10 years 4 months ago #95627

that stringer construction reminds me of a lone star flamingo we cut up once....I wonder if it could be a crysler ??

Re:What Boat is This? 10 years 4 months ago #95638

I looked at a Steury once that looked a lot like this.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online