Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CMC PT130 Older Model

CMC PT130 Older Model 10 years 4 months ago #95238

So, I've got a CMC PT130. Seems to be an older style model without the "all in one unit". (Seperate pump and actuator)

As some of you know, it came with the Inline I bought forever ago. Last weekend, I gave the ole winder her first start of the season. Fired right up ready to go.

Last short season, just before I packed her away I noticed that the tilt/trim was acting a little funny when running. Seemed to not want to trim while under way. Figured I would mess with it this season.

BUT~~~ The pump won't move the motor. Pump runs, but no movement on actuator. So, I looked online for a manual. Found out this is a typical symptom of "low fluid". Well, I cannot figure out where to drain/fill this thing as I don't have the "all in one unit" that is shown in the manual I can find online.

Does anyone know how to fill this puppy? Or even better yet, know where a manual is for the older style motor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1972 Sidewinder 18\\\\\\\'SS in resto. New transom, stringers, deck, knee braces... 1976 Merc 1150... Rebuilding my original with help from the all elite Dr FrankenMerc!!!

Re: CMC PT130 Older Model 10 years 4 months ago #95240

• dlatshaw
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I have the newer on so can't help with that part.

Mine did not want to raise or lower. Motor would run. The online help at cmc said I'd need a $300 actuator. Turns out I needed a $4 circuit breaker. Voltage was right on both sides but not amperage.

Dan
68 MFG Chevron
61 Power Cat 18DC Tahitian

Re: CMC PT130 Older Model 10 years 4 months ago #95243

Hmmm.. Maybe I should check that first? How did you come to that conclusion?

1972 Sidewinder 18\\\\\\\'SS in resto. New transom, stringers, deck, knee braces... 1976 Merc 1150... Rebuilding my original with help from the all elite Dr FrankenMerc!!!

Re: CMC PT130 Older Model 10 years 4 months ago #95285

• dlatshaw
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Well the posts on the circuit breaker were corroded beyond recognition. I couldn't get the nuts off so before I cut the wire off I touched the motor side of the breaker to the battery. That allowed it to work.

Oh before that I disconnected the wires from the motor to the relays and removed them from the wire harness. I then touched those wires directly to the battery and it went up. Switched wires from pos to neg and it went down. This let me know it was the wiring and not the actuator.

It was one of the troubleshooting items on the cmc website.

Hope that helps.

Dan
68 MFG Chevron

Re: CMC PT130 Older Model 10 years 4 months ago #95286

• dlatshaw
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member

Dan
68 MFG Chevron

Re:CMC PT130 Older Model 10 years 4 months ago #95338

I'll look into it and post back.

Re:CMC PT130 Older Model 10 years 3 months ago #96592

After speaking with the one of the guys at CMC. Saying that the pump that I have is obsolete. But the fill is located on the back. There is an "access hole" on rear of the CMC PT130. But to get good access you have to rotate the tilt/trim to an up position.

Which of course was a problem, with a non functional device.

Anyhow, I unbolted the motor and started pulling plates off. Got access to the fill hole and got her loaded up with fluid. Leaving the fill plug out, I cycled the motor. And wouldn't ya know.... It worked. I cycled it up and down a few times and went back a couple times to confirm it was full.

Took about 1/2 quart of fluid, but she's operational now. Now.... To get boating next weekend!

Re:CMC PT130 Older Model 10 years 3 months ago #96650

• dlatshaw
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Glad its working!

Makes me think I should check the fluid level on mine.

Dan
68 MFG Chevron
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024