Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hull Identification on Dorsett San Juan 18

Hull Identification on Dorsett San Juan 18 10 years 4 months ago #95232

Does anyone know where to look for the hull identification number on a Dorsett San Juan 18? I'm trying to register boat in Texas and they require a photo or pencil rubbing of this number. I have it on title from another state but don't where to find it on the boat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Hull Identification on Dorsett San Juan 18 10 years 4 months ago #95234

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
good question, I've two Dorsetts and have yet to find a id # on either one of them...

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re: Hull Identification on Dorsett San Juan 18 10 years 4 months ago #95235

• billr
  • Thank you received: 0
what year san juan?
It is usually stamped into the transom aluminum trim piece, i can't recall if port or stbd.
on the later dyna plane hull if i remember right it's engraved in transom. Sometimes it's just on the Dorsett data plate. If you bought the white one in glassifieds that's my old boat.

Re: Hull Identification on Dorsett San Juan 18 10 years 4 months ago #95236

ljschuess,

WELCOME ABOARD.

I'm also in TX & the TP&WD does NOT require the hull number, as MANY boats up until the early 1970s had NO number, including some of the TX-manufactured hulls.
(Call the AUSTIN P&WD HQ "boat registration office", tell them that there is NO number & ask them what to do.)

Does your boat have a "TX number"??? = "Austin" may have ASSIGNED a serial number to a "previously un-numbered hull".
(One of my old hulls has an "assigned" hull-number, that is NOT the maker's serial number.)

Btw, do all of us wild TEXICANS a favor and call/write/e-mail your TX representative/senator & ask them to remove the requirement to "title" previously UN-titled boats/motors that were NEVER titled and that are over 25 years old.
(There are TENS of THOUSANDS of UNTITLED boats/motors out there and it has accomplished NOTHING to require anything more than a "notarized bill of sale" on ANTIQUE & VINTAGE boats/motors/trailers, except being a PITA to owners, restorers and to the employees of the TP&WD.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Hull Identification on Dorsett San Juan 18 10 years 4 months ago #95244

We just moved to Texas - bought the boat in Washington state. Thanks for the info. I'm going down to the TX Parks & Wildlife office on Monday to try to get it transferred.

I'll certainly look into contacting my representative. I agree - this is a ridiculous law. They even said we would have to pay a penalty for not registering in Texas within 90 days even though we have not used the boat in Texas - it's been sitting in our shop since November.

Re: Hull Identification on Dorsett San Juan 18 10 years 4 months ago #95246

Thanks. Yes, I think we bought your boat. Unfortunately, no number on the transom. I think that the person we bought it from may have removed or covered it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online