• Page:

TOPIC: insurance

insurance 10 years 4 months ago #95119

• 63 Sabre
  • 63 Sabre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Just out of curiosity, what kind of insurance do some of you guys carry on your boats.
When I had my woodie 63 Century I had Hagerty covering it for a set value. Now that I just have a revamp Shell Lake I'm thinking of just some regular coverage for liability, and water related stuff, gas leaks etc. Any opinions? Any damage to the boat is repairable, 'less it sinks
Cal :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: insurance 10 years 4 months ago #95144

Progressive will do ok and so will Safeco. They will offer Liability only policy for the boat, but the cost to insure for physical damage really isn't that much more and is comparable to Hagerty, it just won't have all the bells and whistles.

I have my 1961 Crestliner insured with Progressive at a set value with coverage for on water towing, personal effects etc.

Hope if helps. If you want to talk about it more call me. six 5 one four nine four eight 2 two 3

Re: insurance 10 years 4 months ago #95148

State Farm will not insure a boat over 30 years old - at least in Ohio. Cancelled mine after two months - do not know why the agent did not tell me that up front. Premium was $136/year, but in reality it was a mistake, so not real.

Went with Hagerty - they have a $200/year minimum premium, which I think is a bit high, but I took it anyway. Mine was for the $200 minimum. Included a $17 ACBS member discount.

Coverage included liability ($300K), plus stated value for boat, motor and trailer, plus $5K medical payments, plus some other extras.

Dave Nau - 1966 MFG Niagara with 1963 Mercury 350 (35hp) outboard and 1966 Tee Nee trailer. Second boat is a 1962 MFG Edinboro with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp and Holsclaw trailer.

Re: insurance 10 years 4 months ago #95150

we had American family on our 61 shark hardtop (solid floor, solid transom,runs great, nice boat)....$2500 stated value...after about 3 years without contacting us (could have been in some fine print with the house policy, don't know...they dropped the stated value and went with actual cash....in other words they would check the web and find some $100 junkers in a field somewhere and that's what it would be worth...premium didn't get any cheaper....seems like you always have to watch your back...john

Re: insurance 10 years 4 months ago #95207

FWIW, I have Heritage on my Aqua Ray and they even have a picture of it in their promo literature

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT