Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda

1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #946

Has anyone ever heard of this. I received an e-mail from Cheryl and Larry Forget about one in New Castle Pa. They are in Tennesee. Are they members here? I don't know how they got my addy if not from here. I'm going to look to see if I can find anything on it. I have not looked yet.

Bob
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #950

Well a few things on the web.
Attachments:

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #951

more-
Attachments:

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #953

I don't know, never had anybody ask me to buy a boat I've never met.
Attachments:

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #954

Not sure exactly what you are asking about here. If it is someone offeing to sell you a boat completely "out of the blue" that you have never spoken with - then look out. Never deal with a complete stranger, especailly if it is unsolicited.

The Arena boats of the 50s are highly desired by the vintage boat community. They sort of span the gap between the wood boat people and fiberglass boat people. They were made in limited numbers and were very expensive.

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #955

Not sure exactly what you are asking about here. If it is someone offeing to sell you a boat completely "out of the blue" that you have never spoken with - then look out. Never deal with a complete stranger, especailly if it is unsolicited.

The Arena boats of the 50s are highly desired by the vintage boat community. They sort of span the gap between the wood boat people and fiberglass boat people. They were made in limited numbers and were very expensive.

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #956

Larry Forget is a member here. Or was. Not sure if he still is, but I think so.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #957

Bob, do you have any more info on where this boat is. I'm just south of New Castle in Pittsburgh. Looks like a great boat.

Rick

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #964

I am not heeled well enough at this time to take another boat on. What if I forwarded their e-mail. It seems if they are members they would have posted it here themselves. You can send me an e-mail and I can forward the message.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #965

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I think Larry has a g3. I remember seeing him on the g3 forum alot, Mike

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #970

Larry Forget is a great guy. I've met him personally at Clayton. He's from the Albany area. This Barracuda in the gallery is generating interest from several people on the site. That's not a bad thing.

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #986

Yes, I will also vouch for Larry, Great Guy.

You can also find him on NickleCityClassics.com, local site for Buffalo and the North East Group, and home to the Custom Craft Boat Club.

Not sure about his email to you, sometimes his emails can be a little cryptic? LOL.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #988

Thats a good description, (cryptic) I'm sorry about any confusion involved.

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #991

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Our Comcast service has been slow on this new forum board.? Yes wife CHERYL was having a birthday two days ago, but now climbing out from under the bus.!!
... She is standing in front of one of the biggest plaques Clayton gave out for one of her original showboats.
Two other PENN members & one Buffalo boat collector mentioned ROBERTs name to me as a good mechanic. Two days & NO reply , but time for SIX posts.?
..Yes had been very active in Glasspar clubs, where members know the Govt't trained me to be a cop. BOTH of us have shown boats in the Mt Dora , large Florida shows.
..If anyone gets a reply from Bxxxx they will find a NICE / SMART Lady...!

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #1005

Mentioning what you wanted would help. It seems you have the ability to get your point across here. Your e-mail came across to me as spammish. Thats why I asked here. Well maybe I just don't belong here anymore anyway. My efforts dull in comparison to most here.

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #1348

I find this disturbing Robert, where you say "Well maybe I just don't belong here anymore anyway"

I got an Email from him also and he wanted to join my "facebook page" and both I canned because of what I assumed was an AKA for a last name...

but back to you belonging here.....of course you do.

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #1358

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Robert, hope you're just having a bad day or two, and it will pass with time. You've been around here a long time, and made many great contributions. Please don't feel alienated or unwanted/unneeded or whatever, Houston is right, you belong here!

Like all things in life, this site is changing, for the better I truly believe. There are many fine examples of first rate restorations popping up every day, and many new friends and fellow enthusiasts as well. My personal level of work will never match up to most, but I do what pleases me, as I can afford it.

Not everyone will get along as well as some, that's just the way life is. I've noticed a few posts that seemed a little "sharp tonged", shall we say, and can understand how some might be offended if you know what I mean. All in all though, I must say that for the most part this is still a very friendly environment to enjoy our hobby.

PS. I've communicated with Larry on email (cryptic is one way to describe those) and by phone. Although it's been some time back, he seemed to be very kind and genuine. WE all have our moments, my friend.

Mark

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #1359

Well said mark! I’m not trying to say anything about any one person… I really don’t know any one here. Just trying to give a little pick you up. There have been times on another forum I go on, a person or people have upset me. Some times I tend to put too much thought in to things. You seem like a really nice guy. We all get fed up with things from time to time! Continue to hang out here with us. We all need each others help & opinions from time to time. Yours is welcome in my book.

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #1391

robert im sorry buddy,it was me who did it,larry asked if their was anybody close to this boat,and i told him you were about 40 miles away,hes interested in it,i sent you an email telling you this but appaerently you didnt get it,i must have screwed up,again im sorry i didnt think you would mind,its compleatly my fault,i should have waited for your reply,please forgive me,john.ps i was going to look at it for him,but im not a mechanic,im a carpenter,lol,maybe its me that doesnt belong,im very sorry robert,and i hope there are no bad feelings,your friend john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 14 years 7 months ago #1393

no john, if anyone belongs here its you. your what this site is all about. your restoring a classic boat on your own. not buying one already restored, or paying someone to do it for you. in this hobby your kind is who i look up to. your buddy, ron

Re:1957 Dan Arena , Barracuda 8 years 4 months ago #122424

The real thing. Her name is Conch Pearl. The Conch shell makes a pearl now and again.1 in a million that is. 1956 Arena Craft Barracuda
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online