Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how much is starcraft explorer worth?

how much is starcraft explorer worth? 10 years 5 months ago #93758

Hey everyone, I have a boat I inherited from my dad. It is a Starcraft Explorer TR on a Shoreline trailer with a Evinrude 30 motor. Im not sure of the size or year at the moment I have to look for the title but I have it. The boat and trailer are in pretty good shape and he did use this boat sometimes. I may or may not sell this boat, Im not sure yet, I just want to get more info on it at this time. From looking at the pics and my info what do you guys think I should ask for it if I sell it or what do you guys think it is worth? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: how much is starcraft explorer worth? 10 years 5 months ago #93760

calioak510,

1st, WELCOME ABOARD.

IF it was me, I'd simply clean-up that hull/trailer, service the OB & use it to fish from. - It's NOT an antique & has value based on:
1. It's utility as a "using rig"
and
2. How much a willing buyer is will pay for the rig.

just my opinion, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:how much is starcraft explorer worth? 10 years 5 months ago #93817

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks like a pretty decent fishing / utility rig as SATX stated, a couple thoughts;

1 Since it was your Dad's, make sure you're ready to part with it before deciding to sell. You may want to clean it up and make a few cruises or trips with it first, and sentimental value there? Once they're sold and gone, it's tough to wish you hadn't done that!

2 If you do decide to sell, take the cover off and clean it up as well as you can for some pics. An afternoon's worth of "elbow grease" can make a big difference in your return! It looks like it was pretty well taken care of, you want to show that in it's current condition as well.

3 If I were in the market to buy a rig like this, I'd probably want to pay somewhere in the $1200 to $1500 range for a boat ready to launch. If I were selling this one, I'd probably ask $2500 to $3000 and be ready to "dicker down" a little on the price.

Just my two cents worth, it's hard to estimate value without actually seeing the boat in question. The area you're in may also effect the price, check your local craig's list or want ads for similar deals for a better idea.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle