Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Guy!

New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93456

Hey guys/gals.

My name is Marcin and I am from Oklahoma City, OK. Well I always loved older boats and just found this one.

I was wondering what all you can tell me, these are the only pictures I have so far of this boat.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93457

minispdrcr,

WELCOME ABOARD.

Someone here will KNOW, as this forum has the most talented group of REAL antique boat/motor/trailer experts that I know of anyplace.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93459

welcome Marcin.....looks like you have a 1960 red fish inland....check out the red fish section in the glassic library if you haven't already...lots of info in there...john

Re:New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93461

Thanks guys. I am looking to make a deal on this boat. He wants 350 for it all. What do you think?

Re:New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93463

boats like those need ALOT of work....trailer looks just plain weird....most redfish guys go for the fined sharks...the scott is really cool....does it run?? compession???

Re:New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93464

Do you get the der feeder with that price?

Re:New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93465

What kind of work do they need (trying to learn)? The scott has compression and turns over freely, just doesnt want to start up. I work on engines a lot so it shouldnt be much of a problem.

Lol, dont know about the deer feeder.

Re:New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93466

Welcome Marcin, I live out here in Mustang and will be putting my project on the water soon. This site holds a ton of information. Old boats even the "Free One" like mine hide a lot of work not just the motor. Hull, transom and floor are just a couple of areas that require a lot of money and work to fix. Take a look around this site it saved me a bunch. The people here are Great too!

Proud member of the \\\\\\\"Raiders of the Schlitz Box\\\\\\\"

Re:New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93467

Awesome! I graduated from Mustang.

I hope that the more pricey parts will not be in bad shape.

Also, what can you tell me about the motor? I have searched the internet with no answers. I know its a Royal Scott and it has a red stripe lol thats about it.

Re:New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93596

So what else should I know about this boat?

Re:New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93615

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Actually if this boat draws your interest then you should pursue it.

Major components to consider condition of deck and hull, Motor, Windshield, and lastly a trailer.

Crazed or cracked gelcoat if not major is to be expected. Damaged Decks/hulls can be repaired if damage is minor.

There are products that will clear up the windshield.

There are people on this site that can help you with the Scott. Compression is always a good sign. The condition of the lower unit of the Scott needs to be determined.

While the trailer is there and does look a little strange with the curved roller and what appears to be bunks. Strange is sometimes a plus. Like boat manufacturers there were many different trailer manufacturers as well.

It appears that the Bow handle and bow light is there as well as other hardware. The Red Fish emblems look good and the stern handles appear to be there as well.

A set of back to backs or bench seats will need to be purchased or built. Your main investment of time and money will appear to be floor and transom. These are items that need replaced on most old boats.

Tho I don't have a Red Fish my favorite is the Shark. This Inland looks to have promise. For free would be the right price. but $350.00 isn't out of line. So try and talk him down.

That's just my two cents worth. (Inflation has made my opinion almost worth that much).

If you decide to do it congrats and welcome aboard.

Al

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93622

As I am new to this too..I must say Morris that is some of the best and most pragmatic advice Ive seen on the internet...short and sweet. I just purchased a boat for 300.00 Holzclaw trailer 59 Cresline...the cool boats are out there. Thanks again.

Re:New Guy! 10 years 5 months ago #93625

• shacomm
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I can tell you that Royal Scott is a cool motor and assuming its not frozen you can likely get it running. There are quite a few Scott experts here who can help. I'm not an expert, but my Scott 60 was not running when I got it and I've enjoyed working on it and running it. (And you'll get a lot of attention.)

1960 Dorsett Belmont w/ 60 HP Flying Scott aka \"Whisky Tango\" dorsettbelmont.blogspot.com/ Read my Jerky Blog at JerkyAficionado.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online