• Page:

TOPIC: Michigan Chapter ACBS June 2014 Classic Glass Show

Michigan Chapter ACBS June 2014 Classic Glass Show 10 years 5 months ago #93333

• JAG
  • JAG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Several weeks ago I posted some info here on our Michigan Chapter Show featuring "Classic Glass" coming up this June. Below is the info you will need if coming to the event and bringing a boat. It's going to be a great event and we already have people who have made their hotel reservations coming from Florida, Illinois, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and of course here in Michigan. This will be a great event, one you will remember so if time allows why not put "June in Michigan" on your must do list for his year!

This years Michigan Chapter ACBS show has chosen "Classic Glass as it's Marquis Boat for the show. We are expecting a great turnout and have boats coming from Florida, Pittsburgh P.A. Rockford Il, Madison Wi. as well as many other places so I know this event is going to be very special for the Michigan Chapter.

All info and registration forms are now on the chapter web site. Attached is the link to the page that contains the links to registration form which is the top link of the three. There are four pages for registration so print all of them. Here is the link : www.michacbs.com/events/shows/michgan-chapter-boat-show

Please send this info on to others you may know who are thinking of coming to the show and bringing boat. After printing this off go to the home page and there is a little more info regarding the show.

I have blocked 10 rooms at the Super 8 in Marysville Mi. Of course this hotel has many more rooms than this but would only allow ten to be blocked at a discount. The hotel is just a short drive up the road from Saint Clair that runs along the St Clair River , I think it's M29, it's a nice drive, very scenic. Be sure to tell them when you call that you want one of the blocked rooms for "Classic Glass" Boat Show People.

The hotel address is: Super 8

1484 Gratiot Blvd.

Marysville, Mi.

Phone: 810 364 7500

Remember, these rooms are blocked until three weeks before the show, after that they will go back into inventory. The rates are discounted because of Julia's connection to the owner of this hotel.

The is a summer vacation area for many so don't drag you feet on these rooms.

There are rooms at the St Clair Inn just a short three blocks from the show however it is a big buck place and you will pay considerably more. There are also a few other hotels in the area so check the internet for hotels in the Saint Clair area .

Also, if you want to drop your boat at the marina show area there should be no problem, the lot is paved, big and protected by city police also the launch is very nice and located right on the same property so just pull in the lot to launch your boat. The docks are very nice and very wide and are floating docks so easy in and out of your boat. Bring fenders if you are displaying in the water.

See you at the show and please forward he attached info to friends.

Call me with any further questions at: 517 439 1115

See you at the show!

Regards,

John Gambill

John Gambill <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Michigan Chapter ACBS June 2014 Classic Glass Show 10 years 5 months ago #93338

• JPS
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
This is only an hour away for me. I doubt I'll be able to bring my boat, but if I bring my wife maybe she'll warm up to the whole classic boat thing. At this point she just rolls her eyes when she looks at it.

The front clip on my 68 Pontiac is fiberglass so I'll drive that so I feel like I fit in LOL.

John

Re: Michigan Chapter ACBS June 2014 Classic Glass Show 10 years 5 months ago #93369

When its done and she goes for a ride AFTER the bugs are worked out on a warm sunny day she will forget all the bad things she ever said about you boat!!

Re: Michigan Chapter ACBS June 2014 Classic Glass Show 10 years 5 months ago #93371

Hay John,

Mary and I are planning to make it up to Lake St Clair for your ACBS Michigan Chapter Show.

John, You and your boats have been a special addition to our Geneva Lakes Blackhawk chapter shows over the years previous and we are happy now to reciprocate with our attendance to your event.

And it was real nice to finally meet Julia at Tavares regardless what you told her about me.

What is exciting and new is that the Michigan Chapter ACBS 29th Annual International boat Show and Rendezvous, June 20-22, 2014, St. Clair, Michigan Municipal Harbor is featuring Classic Glass ‘Evolution’

See more: www.michacbs.com/

I spent some time up there years ago on business and stayed there at the St Clair Inn. It was quite a sight each morning while I ate my muesli with dried fruits and cream and nuts while we watched the ships as they headed out to foreign ports. Too soon after that it was time to get down to the real nuts and bolts of doing business in MI. I see now it’s closed for renovations. So now will I seek the roasted quail and black bean soup for dinner elsewhere.

You recommend the:
Super 8
1484 Gratiot Blvd.
Marysville, Mi.
Phone: 810 364 7500

Gotta beat the accommodations of a Dorsett Catalina.

So be it, We shall also bring in the support of the Florida Glasspar Club.

All kidding aside, Looks likes a great show for you guys coming up.

]

A better shot of Mama Mia! and Mary and I having fun,
Attachments:

Re: Michigan Chapter ACBS June 2014 Classic Glass Show 10 years 5 months ago #93385

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
As always it will be very good to see you again. I know you are on the board of directors of the Backhawk Chapter so at the next meeting stand up and tell those guys to come to Michigan! I'd like to see a couple of Streblows at our show, maybe a Gauge Hacker and for sure any classic Glass you can scrounge up.
See yaz in Michigan!
JAG

Re: Michigan Chapter ACBS June 2014 Classic Glass Show 10 years 5 months ago #93487

John, How have you consolidated the judging categories?
We have also revised the judging categories for the entire show by consolidating the classes from eighteen to eleven.  This will somewhat simplify the judging task to allow the volunteer judges more time to enjoy the overall show. It will also make more budget available to have all of the registered boat owners receive a nice Captain's gift as a memento of the event.

I'd be interested in any info you have as we are looking to make similar recommendations to ACBS.

P.S. If you're on Facebook, look us up, I know that you are already a member of the group, but we have started having our regular Wednesday evening chats on our Facebook Group Page here:
www.facebook.com/groups/761013347276715/

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re: Michigan Chapter ACBS June 2014 Classic Glass Show 10 years 5 months ago #93522

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
As I am no longer on the board of the Mi. Chapter I was not involved in the judging revisions so can't answer your questions. However if you want to contact a board member just give me a call or go to the chapter web site , all board members are listed along with their E address. I recommend that you contact Greg Lewandowski who is the chair person for the show.
JAG

Re: Michigan Chapter ACBS June 2014 Classic Glass Show 10 years 5 months ago #93906

I definitely will John, just been super busy here.

Figured your post could use a "bump" too.

Good luck with the show, all the best!

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024