Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thinking about buying a old style Houseboat

Thinking about buying a old style Houseboat 10 years 5 months ago #93233

I think the Brand may be Cherokee. It seems to be pretty complete and does float.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Thinking about buying a old style Houseboat 10 years 5 months ago #93242

• SteveH
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
LOL! That's definitely Cheyenne, Blackfoot, Sioux, or Crow. Cherokee built a little more substantially and not as portable.

Re: Thinking about buying a old style Houseboat 10 years 5 months ago #93246

robert-lorigan,

Our houseboats, IF we built houseboats, would be a LONGHOUSE on a barge & would be occupied by 4-8 families of several generations.
(We TSALAGI are a matriarchal society & traditionally men owned nothing except his clothes, weapons, horse & tack. - The women owned everything else that the family had.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Thinking about buying a old style Houseboat 10 years 5 months ago #93325

Yes and Whitemen came and said We can improve on that and look what we got no :S w. Lets take a few steps back.

Re: Thinking about buying a old style Houseboat 10 years 5 months ago #93335

robert-lorigan,

TRUE. = Our WISE traditional mores/culture assured that if a warrior died (or became an invalid) due to disease/accident/warfare that his wife/wives and children were NOT left homeless/hungry.
A warrior's mother managed his affairs until/unless he married & then his first wife took over the family assets. MOST marriages were arranged by the Clan-Mother and the mother of the warrior & "bride-prices" were generally paid in horses.
(A mother, who had several lovely daughters, often became quite RICH.)

Fyi, in 1899, one of our warriors, who had been a Rough Rider SGT, came home to Indian Territory/OK & paid a "bride-price" of "20 horses & 2 good Army rifles" for the hand of a 16YO maiden named MANY FLOWERS.
(As the USUAL "bride-price" was usually 2-5 horses, she must have been regarded as VERY intelligent/capable and/or a rare beauty!)

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Thinking about buying a old style Houseboat 10 years 5 months ago #93349

I must be part of that tribe cause my ex wife owns every thing
(We TSALAGI are a matriarchal society & traditionally men owned nothing except his clothes, weapons, horse & tack. - The women owned everything else that the family had.)

Re: Thinking about buying a old style Houseboat 10 years 5 months ago #93366

woodglass,

CHUCKLE. = Had your mother & the Clan Mother picked out your wife, you might well NOT be divorced, as our tribal records indicate that while divorce was EASY in the old days, most marriages lasted until death of a spouse. = Incidentally, the plural marriages were generally successful; siblings often married the same person.
(Fwiw, our current 92YO Clan Mother is VERY wise. EYES SPEAKING has a razor-sharp/analytical mind & might well do FINE in "picking capable & suitable spouses". = When she calls one of us men with a "request", we just DO what she asks, as she is almost always correct.)
Also, when you are paying a "bride price" in high-priced horses, one would generally be quite CAREFUL, as a wife traditionally was a MAJOR investment for the family.

Btw, it cost me >60,000.oo and a new Oldsmobile 98 to rid myself of my first wife (a HUGE mistake) & I regard it as CHEAP at TWICE that figure.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle