Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Folding rear facing seat replacement

Folding rear facing seat replacement 10 years 5 months ago #93187

My first post on the board!

I brought back from dead a 1960 Glasspar Marathon. It was almost dead, anyway. New steering, Evinrude 88spl, new interior primer and non-skid, a new pennant flag. This one was a wreck, but it was cheap and solid, with a good transom and sole.

I am working on a solution for rear-facing seats. As far as I can tell, Glasspar had a fold up option for this small 14ft boat. Of course, nothing is still there, just big cutouts in the fiberglass seats. I feel like the seat backs were removable panels that sort of sat in place. I want a folding, fold down seat cushion option, which I think is the original style. The seats I've seen on other boats, via internet photos, seem to have original options installed... mostly pictures of Citations, but many have a seat that looks like it folds up into the fiberglass seat-back cavity.

I am doing the rehab on the cheap, this boat has some significant scars that made it less than ideal for a full rehab. Also, I don't have the resources...

Any ideas on what to put on here? I've found some options like old truck jump seats, some really spendy home shower ADA type fold down seats, some brackets that cost about $300!, and lots of fold-down back seats (not fold up bottom). I'm at a loss for an inexpensive setup that I can build myself or bolt in.

Scott
1960 Glasspar Marathon
17ft Old Town Canoe
Maas Aero rowing shell
& a pedal boat!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Folding rear facing seat replacement 10 years 5 months ago #93189

stoneback,

LOOKS like a GREAT project. - WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Folding rear facing seat replacement 10 years 5 months ago #93190

Might be a stupid question, but can you take the fold down seat backs and flip them around to use as a seat bottom?

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Folding rear facing seat replacement 10 years 5 months ago #93194

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Scott, glad to have you join us. Here's some pics from when Andgott was restoring his Citation, thought they might help
www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/main-forum/glasspar-citation-seating#7627

I was running low on funds when I got to the interior on my project, "store-bought" seats and/or upholstering the originals just wasn't in the budget. I found some jump seats on GreatLakesSkipper site (off-season sale) that were affordable, just had to build some frames to support them. May be an idea you can adapt to fit your needs?
Attachments:

Mark

Re:Folding rear facing seat replacement 10 years 5 months ago #93196

Here is what Lake "N" Sea did:

3/4" plywood, hinges, hasp, support and upholster??

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online