Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trolling motor mount idea

Trolling motor mount idea 10 years 5 months ago #92679

Has anyone ever made a trolling motor mount for thier glassic? I don't want to drill into the deck or transom to mount anything. Looking over my hydrodyne, I'm contemplating fabricating a mount...perhaps using a piece of plywood set on top of the deck beside the engine hood extending over the transom. I think I could anchor the ply down with the gas cap and a big washer....and anchor the one end of the ply with ratchet straps to the floor and the other end that extends over the transom to the tow eye with a ratchet strap and spring clip. I want to get the Minn Kota endurance max 55lb thrust with 42" shaft. I'm guessing this 12v engine isn't over 30 pounds and wouldn't need much support. Any thoughts?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dreams do become reality!

Re:Trolling motor mount idea 10 years 5 months ago #92687

How about modifying a couple of these big wood clamps?

Attachments:

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Trolling motor mount idea 10 years 5 months ago #92689

Perhaps an outdrive mounted trolling motor rather then a bow/transom mounted:

$650 at the Minn Kota factory outlet store, thru Thurs pm, free shipping.. :ohmy:

NOT inexpensive, but if you don't want to mount it to the bow or transom, it's certainly an option

Re:Trolling motor mount idea 10 years 5 months ago #92707

On my MFG I just sold I took off one of the handles on the stern and made a bracket out of high carbon steel to match the offset angles to make it plumb and straight both ways. I put a small chunk of 3/4 inch treated I had laying around. It could come off in seconds. Only problem was you had to paint it every few years. But it could have been easily made from aluminum. On my Winner I cut the original cast aluminum mount on the trolling motor to lay flat on the gunwale. I drilled some holes and just screwed it through the fiberglass into the wood under. I'mm get some pics later. I have not even tried it out yet. You can see the mount I made on the other side of the Honda.
Attachments:

Re:Trolling motor mount idea 10 years 5 months ago #92725

Here goes. Yes that's a big goober where high wind knocked down a pole. But it's time to fish. The holes can easily be repaired if need be.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online