Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Report On "Cape Fear Antique Boat Show"......

Report On "Cape Fear Antique Boat Show"...... 10 years 6 months ago #92016

Well yesterday (Saturday April 5th, 2014) we attended the "Cape Fear Antique Boat Show" held every year in Wilmington, N.C. This was our second year to attend. We entered both of our Glasspars,
the 1960 G-3 and the 1960 Seafair Sedan. Our good friend Mike Dickson (glassparva) brought his 1960 G-3 down from Virginia and also entered the show. Although the weather forecast called for a 30% chance of rain, the weather was beautiful the entire day. Temperatures were in the high 70's to low 80's with a light breeze right off the Cape Fear River. The college said they had about ten more boats this year than last year. This is a great local event and all monies go into the colleges' Marine Technology School.
The Cape Fear Staff is so friendly and helpful and the students were there helping the people displaying their boats with set-up.
This is much different than what I experienced at the Mt. Dora Show in Florida. As was the case last year,....we all had a great time and enjoyed the event very much.

Anyway, Mike was able to take a few pictures of our boats and I should have some more overall photos in a day or so. Here are a few of the photos Mike took:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Report On "Cape Fear Antique Boat Show"...... 10 years 6 months ago #92017

One thing I forgot to say is the day before the show, on Friday,
Mike and I spent the day sanding, priming and then repainting his 1960 G-3 with the original MEDUSA GRAY "Zolatone" paint that Glasspar originally used in their boats.

I am happy to report that the job came out great and Mike was happy to have the original floor coating back in his G-3. We also spent time polishing, and then repainting the original "G-3 Starburst" Emblems that came on Mike's boat. Next steps will be to have a new "pleated dash pad" made and to get his original windshield back on his G-3.

Re:Report On "Cape Fear Antique Boat Show"...... 10 years 6 months ago #92018

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Great looking show,John! I really hate I missed it.

Re:Report On 10 years 6 months ago #92019

Jim L wrote:

Jim:

It would have been great if you and Dee could have made it down.
There was a boat just like yours there, but it had an I/O drive on it! Nowhere near as nice as your boat either but the owners were real nice. They live over on Carolina Beach Jim.

BTW,...Mike and I are trying to get some dates together for Falls Lake. I will keep you posted buddy!

Re:Report On 10 years 6 months ago #92020

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
1960RedG-3 wrote:

Jim L wrote:

Jim:

It would have been great if you and Dee could have made it down.
There was a boat just like yours there, but it had an I/O drive on it! Nowhere near as nice as your boat either but the owners were real nice. They live over on Carolina Beach Jim.

BTW,...Mike and I are trying to get some dates together for Falls Lake. I will keep you posted buddy!

I think I saw that one on CL. Yeah, keep me posted on Falls, Hope I can work it out. jim

Re:Report On "Cape Fear Antique Boat Show"...... 10 years 6 months ago #92025

Top display of Glasspar product!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online