TOPIC: Mercury Museum is OPEN

Mercury Museum is OPEN 10 years 6 months ago #91956

• TheToyBox
  • TheToyBox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Guys,

Well I thought the day would never come but it has. I spoke with a Guy named Thom many years ago about what happened with all the mercury stuff from lake X and all the proto types that were at mercury. He told me that for many years he had been in charge of keeping them in a warehouse away from the board of directors. For fear that they would have them all destroyed as they had in the past. When ever they found this cool stuff they had it scrapped. But he must have prevailed. As they have opened a Mercury Museum. I found out about it on vintage sleds web site this morning while posting ads of stuff I want to sell.

I might add that all of my vintage mercs are being sold. I am keeping 1 1957 Mark 75 and 1 1962 Merc 1000 short shaft. But the rest will be sold. Most of the parts as well. Health Issues with COPD are making it hard to work on motors do to the smoke from 2 stoke smoke. My son doesn't wish to carry on in my foot steps so it all goes. I hope to go see the museum very soon.

Here is the post of what was said this morning. I am adding a link to the website too.

www.mercurymarine.com/75years/

Mercury Marine is 75 years old this year. On Scott St in Fon Du lac Is the museum they put together for this years events.. I believe the cost is $1.00, they have a very nice display of snowmobiles including Doug hayes's twister & video's !! thought I'd share..KURT

Mercury Museum in Fond du Lac will open April 3
I want to personally invite you and your family to visit the new Mercury Marine museum, which is scheduled to open April 3 in Fond du Lac.
The museum will highlight 75 years of Mercury innovation and technology, including marine engines, snowmobiles, chainsaws, motorized bikes, a prototype lawn mower and even the first engine built by Mercury founder E. Carl Kiekhaefer.
Exhibits and interactive displays will reveal our company’s colorful history, from its creation in 1939 to its most recent innovations, many of which you played a part in creating. Included in the exhibits is a look at Mercury’s mysterious Lake X test facility in Florida, and the 5.7-liter LT-5 engine for the Corvette ZR-1.
The Mercury Museum is located in the Children’s Museum at 75 W. Scott Street in Fond du Lac. Mercury photo badge is required for free admission. admission to the museum will be $1 per person, which will be donated to a charitable organization.
Mercury Marine Museum Hours
Monday: Closed
Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Mercury Museum is OPEN 10 years 6 months ago #91971

I am going to have to check that out! Thanks for posting it I would have never known about the mercury museum, if it wasn't posted here. Thanks

Re:Mercury Museum is OPEN 10 years 6 months ago #91977

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
bob, thanks for the info on mercs. I really need to see it, and I still am planning on coming down to see your stuff also. frog

Re:Mercury Museum is OPEN 10 years 6 months ago #92198

I will have to go check this out. I'm only 45 minutes from there.

Thanks!

Nate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online