Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MFG almost sold

MFG almost sold 10 years 6 months ago #91288

It is so far from what it was from the factory. But I'm may be closing on a deal soon. A fellow wants to trade a 30-30 rifle , a box of ammo and $100 for her without an outboard. I've had this boat for about 12-15 years. I have alot of good memories in it and many good miles. My Winner is registered now and the trailer has plates. I'm thinking fishing and it's was snowing yesterday. GRRRR I need to get my 35 hp Johnnyrude straightened out too. That MFG is such a good handling boat. My 8 hp Honda would put it on a plane. OK hurry Mr. and sweeten the deal so I can get the hard part done before I change my mind. Also I love lever action rifles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:MFG almost sold 10 years 6 months ago #91289

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
bob, that is a sweet rifle, those 336 marlins used in good shape go for 450,00 up here . just sold one last month, but it is a nice boat also, frog

Re:MFG almost sold 10 years 6 months ago #91298

I already have two of them. One in a 35 and one is a 30-30 but they are old and not drilled for a scope. I don't want to drill them. This one is either newer or has been drilled. Also I have emotional attachment to the ones I already have. The 30-30 was Dad's and the 35 was my Grandmothers. I have my Grandfathers Winchester model 71 in 348. But they only came in 348. I have a Jap bored out to 30.6 and my Model 88 Winchester in 243. I've been told to put them away and forget about them. Except the Jap.

Re:MFG almost sold 10 years 6 months ago #91302

My question is
Why would someone install a scope on a 3030. Around here they are thought of as a brush gun. They drop so bad that they are only good for 50 (maybe 75 if shooting down hill) yards.

Unless you are having to take shots 100 yards and longer we feel that a scope slows the shot down.

Now here I have to brag a bit.
On my place I had in the Hill Country we had exotics running wild. Sitting in the blind one morning I looked down into the valley and saw a buck (biggest spike ever). I never have shot that way before for the trip down the hill would be a 20 min drive in the mule (the hill was a 200 foot straight down drop that my blind backed up to)

Well he stay there for over 2 hrs grazing and I did not see anything in my killing zone (in front and to the sides of my blind).

I turn around. I though the range to be 300 yards and shot....I hit dirt way low so far away he did not even raise his head. Jacked in another shell and aimed about 8 inches over his head. Still hit dirt however he looked up this time jacked in another shell and went about 10 inches over his head (I had more area to hit now) This shot down him, Jacked in my last round and took aim and watch him for 20 min to be sure that he did not get up.

Got down there and found the shot went in right under his left eye. (you all know that is right where I was aiming LOL)

I did not know what I had shot for I never seen one before and this thing weight over 275# (the hanging scales stopped at 275 however a little pick up weight took them off of pegged) dressed. Well I got the game warden to come and look and found out it was a waterbuck

Now I am looking for a new barrel for my little 25 06 for I strained it with that shot :)

CAVU

Re:MFG almost sold 10 years 6 months ago #91304

Pennsylvania is much different and I can't see good enough to shoot that far anymore. I have difficulty shooting open and peep sights now. In the woods the scope collects the light available and sharpens the image. Besides I can not counts tines on a buck that far. They passed antler restrictions here. The animals I hunt are not corn fed but in the wild eating acorn, crabapples and such. I've taken deer with my 243 at around 500 yards. That was before my eye problems. Scopes are commonplace here. This is my son Bob and his Winchester 30-30. I shoot in at 100 yards and drop is very nil from around 50 there is not much difference. I'm shooting 120 grains on 30-30 and 100 on my 243. Besides even moderate brush will deflect a 30-30.
Attachments:

Re:MFG almost sold 10 years 6 months ago #91318

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I know you'll be kinda sad to see the old girl go Robert, you've had that boat quite a long time right!? The Winner should make a fine replacement though, time for the next chapter I guess. (Been there - when I sold the Glastron StarFlite.) Plus you're getting a nice rifle and some gas money out of the deal, so "rock on brother". ;)

Mark

Re:MFG almost sold 10 years 6 months ago #91505

Well it's gone. It's too late. I've had it for 12 years. He left the rifle a day before we closed the deal so I could take it out and try it. Try it I did. It is sighted in for 50 yards dead on. At 100 yards it drops about 3/4 inch and at 150 yards it dropped about and 1 1/2 inches. The scope is clean and it is an accurate rifle. I'm confident I could shoot it as far as 200 yards. The scope is a 3 by 9 variable.
He was happy. It seems I will probably see it again. He intends to fish Crooked Creek Lake. I told him to just drop the boat in the water and get it. It already knows all the holes. I already miss the boat.
Attachments:

Re:MFG almost sold 10 years 6 months ago #91514

• frog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
good bye old friend frog

Re:MFG almost sold 10 years 6 months ago #91542

The little girl in one of the above pics is my one Granddaughter Kelsey. Her Mother stopped by yesterday, shouldered the rifle, worked the action and blurted out, "I got dibs on this rifle when you die."
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online