Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1961 sea fury ski king

1961 sea fury ski king 10 years 7 months ago #89836

new guy here looking for some info on the boat i was gifted. it is registered as a 1961 sea fury ski king it is 15.5 ft long with a 1987 Yamaha 40 hp that is in immaculate shape.the boat is in good shape all things considered the floors were replaced at some time and properly glassed in.the questions i have are is this the ski king model does anyone have a idea of the layout for the interior and lastly is this a rare boat as i have been able to find verry little info and no pics of one
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 1961 sea fury ski king 10 years 7 months ago #89841

prepper1212,

WELCOME ABOARD.

NICE rig, too, though I've never seen one of those.
(There were literally HUNDREDS of small/regional/independent/local boat-makers between 1950-70, so you may NEVER learn anything.)
As an example, my home county (Camp) here in TX had 2 "boat-makers". = One made TWO boats (one a prototype) and the other ONE (the prototype).

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1961 sea fury ski king 10 years 7 months ago #89842

Apparently the company was bought by Richland Mfg., maker of Rich Line aluminum boats sometime around 1961 and production was continued in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida for at least '61 and '62? We have the model specs for these two years, but as yet no advertisements or brochure images. Maybe someone will come forward with something to share, until then here's the Sea Fury page in the 'Glassic Library:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Sea_Fury

Re:1961 sea fury ski king 10 years 7 months ago #89855

well i do like the lines of the boat. so i guess i will just look at the boats from the early 60s and go from there. i believe it had two bench seats in it from the looks of the inside gunnels and the rear near the transom. i am planning to start next week sanding and painting the hull.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online