Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat identification

Boat identification 10 years 8 months ago #88833

So I purchased a boat and there are no identification markings what so ever on it. I do know that one of the registration tags have it in California in 1969. It is fiberglass completely besides wood supports. The steering is in the middle of the boat with more seating up front. Any help in trying to identify this boat would be appreciated.

thanks Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Boat identification 10 years 8 months ago #88834

slimjim989,

NO clue but nonetheless WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Boat identification 10 years 8 months ago #88836

Thanks for the greetings, and I have searched lots of pictures trying to find one like it.

Re:Boat identification 10 years 8 months ago #88852

Ok so I found a small sliver of a data plate which had the boat in paramount ca on south garfield ave. The boat is a little over 13'5" long and about 66" wide. I think i5 might be a fiberform but cannot find a match.

Re:Boat identification 10 years 8 months ago #88875

Based on your pics I would say the hull is a 1960's 13' Boston Whaler. There have been a number of Whaler copies over the decades, but your hull lines look Whaler to me. The top maybe a custom re-deck, I've never seen that type of deck on a Whaler. Lots of 13' Whaler pics online to compare to, also compare the inside of the hulls.

Re:Boat identification 10 years 8 months ago #88926

Thanks I did find a website for the whaler hull and a dead match ill try and see if I have a serial number somewhere. And if I cant find any more info I will probably be customizing it even more by moving the steering all the way forward.

Re:Boat identification 10 years 8 months ago #88947

So after calling Colorado parks I was able to find out that its a 1970 homemade boat :( so I might change it around some more

Re:Boat identification 10 years 8 months ago #88956

The boat ID plate you found probably will point you in the right direction. Fiberform, Sportster, Performer were all located in Paramount, CA at one time. Performer went under in 1961/1962 so that's probably out. I am guessing Sportster which was active into the 1960's. They made a number of knock-off designs under the Sportline brand.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online