Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help identifying Larson

Help identifying Larson 10 years 8 months ago #88558

I am wanting to restore an old vintage Larson. I have looked tirelessly through forums and searched the internet and cannot seem to find the info. I have a Larson I acquired. There is the remains of a badge on the dash that said All American. The ID tag on the back of the boat says Brunswick Boat MFG. I know Brunswick acquired Larson in 60-61 but I can't find any charts to help me. I want to know the year and model to see the color options. It has model on the tag model 21612 and I serial W38471. I have this and a checkmate playmate I'm gonna put on my project list but the Larson is calling my name. My last boat restore was a Glastron Jetflite that had a merc 150 v6 power pant that was wicked. I sold it after all the long nights of labor and heart I put in it. Bad decision. These 2 will go to my kids. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Interested in year and model of All American it was. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help identifying Larson 10 years 8 months ago #88559

Welcome aboard. Our Library has quit about of Larson.
www.fiberglassics.com/library/Larson

Re: Help identifying Larson 10 years 8 months ago #88560

Hoppinhydro,

WELCOME ABOARD.

SOMEBODY here will KNOW, as we have any number of TRUE EXPERTS as members.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Help identifying Larson 10 years 8 months ago #88562

I have already been through the library and forums. Unless I missed something I can't find any reference info. I am desperate now because I need to get started on it.

Re:Help identifying Larson 10 years 8 months ago #88563

Post a pix of it, perhaps that will help someone ID it,

Re:Help identifying Larson 10 years 8 months ago #88564

That's all I have tonight but can get some interior pics tomorrow even though it's gutted. Thanks for any help
Attachments:

Re:Help identifying Larson 10 years 8 months ago #88643

The Larson All American was most likely their biggest produced boat ever. They made 'em by the thousands. They came in several lengths. The company reintroduced the name a year or two ago on one of their new models.

If she says "Brunswick", that narrows the year to the three years or so that Brunswick owned Larson Boat, about 1960-63.

I see that the Library here is lacking in Larson brochures. I wonder why? Larson guys get your brochures scanned and submit them to the Library!

Andreas

Re:Help identifying Larson 10 years 8 months ago #88710

I have a 1963 brunswick larson. Said lapline on the side. Different from the pic you show, but may be good for comparison. Mine has serial w34139. Check out pics on my profile.

Re:Help identifying Larson 10 years 8 months ago #88718

Thanks again for all the help. I spoke with a Larson rep Tuesday. He could only confirm what we basically already figured. He said it has to be between a 61-64. He was very nice and didn't rush off of the phone. He has emailed me the ads for each year mentioned to help determine the year. The only thing is that there were so many variations. The boat is sound and after inspection it has a few spider cracks on the bow and the transom has a deeper crack but is very sound. Underneath has a few spider cracks in what I call the rear pad area. I am gonna cover boat and install a heater inside to completely dry boat. I really like the pale green Color but don't know what I will go with yet. My question to you guys is it worth the efforts. I know it's all about heart and personal wants but just wanted an opinion. If I continue I will paint instead of gel. My 14' Glastron Jetflite with 150 merc was paint and I loved it just felt I could get it slicker. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks again

Re:Help identifying Larson 10 years 8 months ago #88777

I spent a good deal on my restoration all paint, no gel coat, but I still love it. I'd love to see those ads if you'd consider posting.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online