Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help with Boat ID Please!

Help with Boat ID Please! 10 years 9 months ago #87755

I had a friend staying at my house for a year or so. Once he left he neglected to tell me that he wasn't taking his boat. I decide that this would be a good replacement for my 21' bowrider. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to nail down what model the boat is. It has Owens emblems on the fins and it looks like a lot of the Owens fiberglass boats I have seen on the web. The big difference is the headlights I have on mine. None that I have found have the lights. I was told it is a 1958. sorry about the pictures its pretty cold and rainy to any better ones right now.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Help with Boat ID Please! 10 years 9 months ago #87756

Those porthole lights could have been added to an otherwise standard Owen's runabout.

Not sure if you're still in PA, but try to get the paperwork sorted 1st. PA isn't the easiest to get titles for boats that don't have current paperwork.

Re: Help with Boat ID Please! 10 years 9 months ago #87758

I think your right. I didn't even think that they could be aftermarket. I know about how hard Pa. is on boat titles. I just sent in my letter of intent to register/title. So, we'll see how it goes.

Re: Help with Boat ID Please! 10 years 9 months ago #87767

Go to the fish commission and apply for an abandoned boat certificate. As long as you have possession of the boat i do not think it matters as long as it is not contested or stolen. Unless things have changed. The trailer will be the pain in the ass.

Re: Help with Boat ID Please! 10 years 9 months ago #87769

• StevieB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congrats on your boat! Sometimes it pays to have live-in visitors. One good favor gets rewarded 10 fold. By the way, your Owens is either a 1957 or 1958 by the design of the deck, but not a 59 or newer.
Regards,
StevieB

Re: Help with Boat ID Please! 10 years 9 months ago #87824

StevieB wrote:

Congrats on your boat! Sometimes it pays to have live-in visitors. One good favor gets rewarded 10 fold. By the way, your Owens is either a 1957 or 1958 by the design of the deck, but not a 59 or newer.
Regards,
StevieB

I was told that it was a '58 so, I'm going with that. I was going to start building a Glen-L Squirt but, I may hold off and work on this for a couple seasons....Free is Free!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online