Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone used singer 239 sewing machine on Vinyl?

Anyone used singer 239 sewing machine on Vinyl? 10 years 9 months ago #87697

If anyone have used a singer 239 let me know your experience with sewing Vinyl and how well did it spool the outdoor polyester thread.

Thanks ,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Anyone used singer 239 sewing machine on Vinyl? 10 years 9 months ago #87700

• DLB68
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
i use a common BROTHER Machine with a 12 - 14 needle and indoor outdoor thread when doing boat seating. Most problems i ran into was things i did incorrectly. Sew a few practice seams to get the thread tension set on the machine, double stitch the beginning and end of the seams . I'm sure it will turn out great !
Attachments:

Keeping History Alive , is all we can hope for.We take only the memories when we leave,The wake of waves lives on.

Re: Anyone used singer 239 sewing machine on Vinyl? 10 years 9 months ago #87733

What kind if thread are you using?

Re: Anyone used singer 239 sewing machine on Vinyl? 10 years 9 months ago #87815

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I did my Seats with heavy Nylon Thread and a 1910's Cleveland treddle, worked great.

Re: Anyone used singer 239 sewing machine on Vinyl? 10 years 9 months ago #87862

I used a 1960's Kenmore Home machine, then 1960's Morse 4300 Zig Zag Heavy Duty and Now recently bought an Industrial TacSew Machine. They all got the job done but...The Industrial model FOR SURE gets it done a LOT better and easier. Mainly due to the feed dogs feeding the vinyl better, and the stitches being much more evenly spaced and being able to use heavier thread.

Re: Anyone used singer 239 sewing machine on Vinyl? 10 years 9 months ago #87863

Thank you all for your responses.

Re:Anyone used singer 239 sewing machine on Vinyl? 10 years 9 months ago #87865

My new to me 1 owner singer 239 sewing machine. Could not beat the deal came with a lot if stuff. Will put it to a good use.

Re:Anyone used singer 239 sewing machine on Vinyl? 10 years 9 months ago #87866

My new to me 1 owner singer 239 sewing machine. Could not beat the deal came with a lot if stuff. Will put it to a good use.
Attachments:

Re:Anyone used singer 239 sewing machine on Vinyl? 10 years 9 months ago #87874

The key will be to figure out the proper tensioning on the upper thread, bobbin and how much pressure to apply on the presser foot. Different thicknesses of vinyl require you to reset the machines tensioning and pressure settings. Takes practice but you'll get it. With the industrial machines, you set it and forget it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online