Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft

New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 9 months ago #87593

Hi guys. Picked up my winter project today. The title say s "exp cr". Not sure if that means express cruiser, if that is the state of Ct,s designation or if it is a legit Chris Craft Model. Powered by a 305 ci Crusader. I persuing the library now, any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 9 months ago #87595

Hey Jim,
I just picked up a 1975 25' Chris Craft too. Yours most likely is a 25' Catalina Express, but I believe you could get a Lancer in that size also. Sweet boats. Mine is the same hull just an open Tournament boat with twin 140 hp 4cyl's.
Attachments:

Nick

1961 Uniflite 19' Express, Bearcat 55 powered
1975 Chris Craft 25' Tournament Fisherman, Twin 181 FL inboard

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 9 months ago #87670

Both of you guys have great boats!!! Retroman. if yours has the original engine, it is a Marine Power, made for Chris..., rather than a Crusader.....It has somewhat different accessories when you need parts....The twin 4's should be "Iron Dukes"...Chris made a lot of those hulls, built like their big yachts, and they made them well, IMO....Ed

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 9 months ago #87840

The 4's are actually the 181FL's (3.0L). From what I can put together the Iron Duke is actually a Pontiac Block where these are a stroked 2.5L Chevy. Eventually I plan on repowering with either 4.3's or 350's.

Nick

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 9 months ago #87872

Yes, that is my boat on the top. Its a later model 305 chevy (with the bolts in the center of the valve cover). Says Crusader all over it. Heres a pic. I just got it home Saturday. I ve been going thru it and its seems solid, tite motor with low hours is what I was told and it seems that way.
Not a lot of info on Chris Crafts in the library. But Im learning more everyday. The so called "professional boat hauler" (I call him a Butcher) who moved it to the location I purchased the boat from, damaged the hull. He didnt rest the front block on the true keel, it was back pretty far. He put the rear on stands, tied the boat to a tree and pulled his crappy roller trailer away as quick as he could, and let the boat slam down on the block and damage the hull just in front of the motor. Thats my only concern. Ill post more pics soon. here is one for now.
Attachments:

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 9 months ago #87873

sorry guys, no luck posting the pics.

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 9 months ago #87912

The pics are too big most likely. There is a thread about posting pics. I edit mine using paint and just downsize them 50%. I have a hole in the top of the bow from a backhoe backing into it. There's a few sites I am also a member of that are more Chris Craft specific. I can post the links to those if you are interested

Nick

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 9 months ago #87936

please post the links, that would be great. I ll try playing with the pics in paint, but as far as i can tell its the wrong type of file.
Attachments:

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 9 months ago #87941

At my House
Attachments:

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 9 months ago #88008

Nice Boat! Here are the links to the other Chris Craft clubs that I belong to. Very nice people and a ton of knowledge about Chris Crafts in general.

www.chriscraftcatalinaclub.com

www.network54.com/Forum/424840/

Nick

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 8 months ago #89408

Here is a walkaround video

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 7 months ago #89477

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
pull and rebed all your deck hardware check for spongy spots in the deck. The core will rt on you. Pull the windows and rebed those as well to stop the leaks. Looks like a decent project.

Re:New Boat - 1975 Chris Craft 25 ft 10 years 7 months ago #89517

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I believe that is excellent advise from G3Jim, applies to ALL boats not going through a complete restoration before use. Bedding / sealant dries, hardens, cracks, shrinks with time. Failure to renew the watertight connection will spell certain disaster down the road with moisture intrusion.

Also (especially!) worth this same attention is any hardware on the transom, including outboard or outdrive mounting hardware. In this aspect an ounce of prevention is worth 10 lbs of cure, IMHO.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle