Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: funliner resto

funliner resto 10 years 9 months ago #87574

I have a Aristocraft Funliner that I am planning on restoring starting this spring. Has anyone done one of these? All information and pictures would be helpful. I have to replace the transom which I understand is only half wood and half fiberglass. what is the best way to go about this? Also from the brochures this boat is built as two separate hulls. One goes inside the other and becomes the floor with a textured surface. The stringers are fiberglass and 65 lbs. of foam was put in the floor and another 65 lbs. was put in the fins. The stringers should be good but I am sure the foam is waterlogged. How do I get the foam out and preserve the interior floor. I have read a lot on this site about transom repair and stringers etc. but have not found anything on a Funliner. I believe mine is in the early to mid 60's but I can not find any numbers on it. Where would they be is my next question? I have looked all over the transom and under the splash well which has the two rear seats. I know there is a wealth of knowledge on this site and am grateful that everyone is willing to share it. All help well appreciated. I do not have pictures at this time since the boat is in Vermont and covered for the winter along with a blanket of snow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:funliner resto 10 years 9 months ago #87581

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
As far as I know,there was no foam in the floor of the Funliners.Just in the fins and that was around the 64 models.The way I understand it is the later Eighteen and Nineteen models had foam in the floor for the structure and floatation. My 63 has no foam what so ever.Some pics will be great when the snow melts. jim

Re:funliner resto 10 years 9 months ago #87582

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
vtflatlander,look right above your floor drain on the inside of the transom for the build no. Check out stashm's transom fix. www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/main-forum/aristocraft-funliner-transom

Re:funliner resto 10 years 9 months ago #87583

Hi Jim
Thanks for getting back to me. So if there is no foam in my floor than all I have to worry about would be the transom What about the stringers did they put anything in them that I would have to be concerned with. Thanks for the info on the numbers. I will try and look there as soon as I can Won't be for a while yet I am here in Greer SC til mid Feb and the boat is covered for the winter.

Re:funliner resto 10 years 9 months ago #87585

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
vtflatlander wrote:

Hi Jim
Thanks for getting back to me. So if there is no foam in my floor than all I have to worry about would be the transom What about the stringers did they put anything in them that I would have to be concerned with. Thanks for the info on the numbers. I will try and look there as soon as I can Won't be for a while yet I am here in Greer SC til mid Feb and the boat is covered for the winter.

All you have to do is look at a corrugated cardboard box panel edgeways to see how an Aristo Craft floor is designed. Go to www.aristocraftboats.com/fiberglassbro.html and click on the fiberglass brochures. There is a pic of the floor system of a funliner.The biggest things to worry about IMHO are the windshield and the condition of the textures on the decks. The only way to fix a faded Aristo with textures is to paint it.Cracked textures would be hard to fix and look original. I have seen an aristo in the junk yard with small trees growing in it and the floor was rock solid..Absolutely NO wood in the floor.jim

Re:funliner resto 10 years 7 months ago #89484

Hi Jim
Still in SC Just thought I would let you know that I was able to find and buy the hard top and the complete windshield frame for the Funliner very reasonable. The top part of the windshield frame needs some straightening. A limb fell on it bent the frame a little and shattered the windshield. Still getting 20 below weather in Vermont and they are expecting more snow this week.
Fred

Re:funliner resto 10 years 7 months ago #89485

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Stop by on the way home and I'll give you a straight windshield frame and throw in a cracked windshield to boot lol. Can't wait to see your boat pics,Fred! jim

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online