• Page:

TOPIC: Fish finder

Fish finder 10 years 9 months ago #87435

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
This is probably completely inappropriate, but does anyone have any recommendations for a fish finder? I'm not a fisherman but have been asked to help with selecting one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Fish finder 10 years 9 months ago #87441

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
It's been quite a while since I've kept up with the technology Todd, but Eagle and Hummingbird used to be the better (entry level) units. The prices range from around $100 to well over $1000, depending on how "fancy" or intricate you want to get. These folks are fairly knowledgeable and have excellent customer assistance, you might want to give them a call for some guidance;
www.basspro.com/Fish-Finders-%26-Navigation/_/S-12225001001?catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151

Mark

Re:Fish finder 10 years 9 months ago #87445

Garmin is the most popular units. This can come in handy if you need a part or repair.

I run a Raymarine E series and have no complaints.

I do want to add a Humminbird, I really like the side imaging. Also it can interact with the Minn Kota electric motor to use the auto pilot features and for holding the boat at a chosen position. If your running downriggers the Humminbird will also allow you to control some of the Cannon downriggers from the unit.

Re:Fish finder 10 years 9 months ago #87447

I have a Garmin 160 C Color unit I use now and love it. It is at the lower end of the scale in price. I had an Eagle Magna III and loved it but it was getting rather old and sold it for $60 and applied that to the Garmin. It all depends on what you want and need and how much you want to spend. After a few years what is new and expensive now drops in $$$ considerably.My Garmin is now three years old. buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-water/discontinued/fishfinder-160c/prod292.html

It is already $40 cheaper.

Re:Fish finder 10 years 9 months ago #87456

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
They decided to go with the Humminbird 571 HD DI. A little over budget, but a nice unit and perfect for the situation. Thanks for the help.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT