Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Dorsett, A story about how it came and went!

1959 Dorsett, A story about how it came and went! 10 years 10 months ago #87149

• larrychase
  • larrychase's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I am always looking for old boats, motors, and trailers. So about a month ago I checked with a small boat repair shop for 1950's boats, etc. "Nope, he said, not worth dealing with. But I'll take your card and pass on anything that shows up." A week later I received a call ... "Do you want to buy my old Dorsett?" This young man was frustrated, he had moved into a upscale subdivision and the HOA told him to take that ugly old boat out of his front driveway. And his wife told him the same ... hook that boat up to your pickup and don't come back with it! Well, the boat shops all said NO, the dump said NO because of the oil/gas issues, and he found my card at the last shop. He was wanting $600 (listed on Craigslist) but had no response. The boat was a 1959 Dorsett Eldorado with a 75 hp Evinrude and a Tee Nee trailer, a matched set that was still registered and being used.

I said No, not for $600 (I already have 8 boats ... don't need another one). But I liked the idea of another TeeNee trailer, and I can always use another motor. Then he said how about $200, I said how about $150 and you deliver to my shop? Done Deal.

So now I have another trailer, another motor, and a boat that I really like but cannot store or use. So I found a thrift store that wanted it for display, but I kept the emblems and front piece (which I am putting on Ebay).

The moral of the story: Let people know you are interested, and be ready if they show up at front door!

Now I am back to work on my G3 project, my RedFish project, my Town Wagon project ... it never ends!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Larry Chase in Idaho
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle