Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Good Bye 1957 Skagit, Hello 1976 Fiberform.....and

Good Bye 1957 Skagit, Hello 1976 Fiberform.....and 10 years 10 months ago #86970

Good Evening All,

After many years of enjoyment, I am selling the lovable "My Way", the 1957 Skagit 17ft classic beauty. I have spent over 8 month researching the next boat. She will be a little longer, a little stronger and overall a great leap in technology while still remaining a fiberglassic. I have put a deposit on a very nice 22ft Fiberform. What a difference 5 ft. and 19 years make. The actual switch could come as early as the first week of December.

I am very excited as this will lengthen my available usage of the boat as it has a very nicely sealed cabin with sink, refrigerator and cook stove. It has a comfortable dinette that coverts to a bunk. It comes with a kick but 5.7 litre Chevy small block I/O. plus a cuddly cabin that is twice the size of the Skagit's.

I am going to miss the Skagit. She was special and will always remain in my heart. I am selling it at the ridiculously low cost of $3000.00, obviously reduced from the locally posted glassified because I am excited and I want to begin the winter with a new project.

Here is my question...Is a 1976 Fiberform still considered a Fiberglassic?

Captain Garzee
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Good Bye 1957 Skagit, Hello 1976 Fiberform.....and 10 years 10 months ago #86972

I think they still had unique personality in design and are old enough to be a fiberglassic.
Just my 2 cents worth :-)
I had BIG DREAMS for mine, but it ended up being the kids' club house - hang out for quite a while.
It was powered by a small block Chevy - OMC I/O unit. I think it was a 307 v8???
Is this one anything like yours?
I had to dig deep to find this picture. :-)
Doc Frankenmerc
Attachments:

Re:Good Bye 1957 Skagit, Hello 1976 Fiberform.....and 10 years 10 months ago #86984

Good Afternoon Dr.,

I at least I am still in the club.

I am very pleased I was able to find the Fiberform that is just a bit (5ft) longer than what I have and in the configuration that I wanted. I have attached a picture of the boat prior to my taking possession. It will be looking good very soon.

Captain Garzee
Attachments:

Re: Good Bye 1957 Skagit, Hello 1976 Fiberform.....and 10 years 10 months ago #87019

Captain Garzee,

WELCOME ABOARD.

NEAT boat, too.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle