• Page:

TOPIC: Mama Mia! needs new tires.

Mama Mia! needs new tires. 10 years 10 months ago #86399

• Terrydi
  • Terrydi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
Actually she has new tires now. New wheel bearing, races and seals all packed nice and tight with CNC marine lube. I used a Bearing Buddy Spindle Seal on one side where there is some corrosion the spindle seal surface.

Curious if anyone else has any experience using these seal systems?

www.bearingbuddy.com/spindle.html

Also, I’m looking for a spare set of these 9” 2-piece rims. Anybody got some laying around?

Put her inside for storage this morning and arranged for early removal in March.

I did this work to get ready for the long haul down to Tavares for the ACBS Sunnyland Boat Show.

The Florida Glasspar Club is hosting a large gathering of Glasspar boats this coming March on Lake Dora in Florida. Brian Slager has commitments from many members already and we should have nearly 40-Glasspars on display. This gathering is being touted as the largest showing of Glasspar boats in history. I went down there in 2010 and can tell you the FGC makes a tremendous effort and has a fantastic display.

Terry
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Mama Mia! needs new tires. 10 years 10 months ago #86400

I didn't know about the Bearing Buddy seal. i have always used "speedy-Sleeves" and double lipped seals. I wouldn't use tube type tires, but you have them so I guess you're committed. Plans are to pick up my motor in Key Largo March 24th-26th and then to Tavares for the show. Hope to see you there.
Jerry

Re:Mama Mia! needs new tires. 10 years 10 months ago #86410

• Robby321
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
YEP! Speedi Sleeves the way to go!

Re:Mama Mia! needs new tires. 10 years 10 months ago #86411

The important thing is Double lipped seals.
Wheel seals are designed to keep grease in the hub. When you back your boat in the water you need a seal that will also keep the water out. They are a MUST for any boat trailer. You may have to look for them at a bearing dealer, not just a parts house, but they are available.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online