Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What did I buy?

What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86391

Didn't make the big auction, but someone who did bid on my behalf. I'm getting ready to leave on a 600 mile one way trip to get the boat, plus one someone else bought.

The question is, what did I buy? it's not a '58 or '62 Glastron, as their various listings say. Can anyone put a name on it?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86393

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
For some reason,I'm thinking Beeline Sapphire.Just a guess..

Re: What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86460

Austinsailor,

I have NO real idea and I looked at it VERY carefully.
(I'm wondering if it MIGHT be a PACESETTER, which was once made in Waco, TX, as they made a similar looking "woodie" from circa 1958 AND they also built in fiberglass too.)

INTERESTING hull.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86521

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Hello all,, I saw Genes boat today,It is not a Beeline,, this has several unique things,, it has a bow in the transom,thicker fins, built in splash rail in hull reveal,and a lot deeper v hull than a beeline,a very unique boat,Yes very similar,,looking forward to seeing it all dressed up for the big dance,,He will do it proud,,Bill

Re: What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86655

Could really do with some straight and level photos showing the profile of the boat, sides, front, deck, and rear. Lots of neat wide-finned boats out there which could be a match.

Re: What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86672

I'll get some more pictures Saturday.

In the meantime, here's the load leaving the auction site.
Attachments:

Re: What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86677

Ok, pictures. There are several unique methods used here, so these may point to some builder.

A little deeper than many this size.

Fins are covered in metal, probably from some car. Looks similar to a 59 Plymouth.

Sides have sort of tanks built in. I expect there is foam involved, but will have to dig deeper to tell.

Floor is cored with what appears to be blocks, like an early Skeeter bass boat, following the angled floor. It has stringers cross ways, at a slope,then plywood over the stringers. Doesn't appear there was foam between The coring and floor, with a couple inches of air space.

Here you can see more detail of the coring. The outside hull is showing in the long wedge shaped spot, above is the coring (about 3/4" thick), to the left and right the crossways stringers, and to the bottom the edge of the fiberglass that once covered the plywood floor. I don't know if the coring is under the stringers or between them, but I suspect the coring covers it all, then stringers over the coring.

The well is not part of the deck, I haven't seen this elsewhere. It's a dropped in piece, sort of cheap, but will help greatly in replacing the transom. There is no way I can split the hull and deck on this, so it'll give me access to fix the transom. But, it might be a clue as to who made it.

Here is the rear of the thing.

And a curved transom.

Any thoughts as to what it is?

Re: What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86686

• morris
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Gene, you bought a Keeper for sure. I love the look the fins give the stern. Awesome find.

Glasspar g-3 Owners Club, Marque Club Representative ACBS
www.g3owners.com

Re:What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86688

• STN19
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
my guess is Leavens or rienelle

Re:What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86689

My guess is " Get to Work " keep up with pics as you restore!!

www.liquidassetsonline.org , 63\'PowerCat14-C w/twin64\'650\'s,14\'Glen-L Zip w/Mark58E,58\'TeeNee,
Mark55AE,Mark55E,PairMark58E\\\'s,Mark58AE,Mark78AEL, 6-7RBM\'s.Keep EM\' Alive! Always looking to add to collection.

Re:What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86690

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Well, if no one on this site can identify it, it must be extremely rare. Personally, I love it. I wish you'd send it to us for a major spruce-up We're all about boats that are rare and different, not to mention that yours has great lines. Best of luck with a great find!

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86705

Jan, after spending a little time on your website, I have no doubt it would be a fantastic boat after you got done. Quite impressive!

But I think it'll stay in central Mo. and I'll do my best to get it in shape. Got to get a couple other projects done enough to start another one, then it'll be on the front burner. Maybe even in front of the Falls Flyer. The flyer is tempting, as I have everything, every part needed and all, including the original decals. But this one has more personality.

Re:What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86737

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
You've got the right idea. There's nothing more satisfying than a restoration job well done...personally. However, if you ever get to the point where you decide to sell this new mystery boat, call me. I'll make sure you turn a profit and guarantee I'll restore it. I'll even give you first right of refusal to buy it back! Ha!

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86759

• Shake
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Did you say falls flyer. I had one about ten years ago. I regret selling her. mine went all the way down to Orlando FL. I'd Love to see pictures of your falls.

Golden Rule number one; While working in the bilge, absolutely under no circumstances, NO FARTING!!!! Captn Shake aka Joe.

Re:What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86770

Mine is a '59, just a hull. It's sound but has crazed gelcoat which will have to come off and get a coat of mat . But, I have everything to restore it already. New glowpoles with new bases, cleats, bow light, wheel, factory decals, everything. Just need time, and to finish another more rare, but less valuable boat I'm using to make my mistakes.

I don't have a picture handy, but I'll post one soon.It's your run of the mill Falls Flyer that sat in the woods for years!

Re:What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86831

Jim L wrote:

For some reason,I'm thinking Beeline Sapphire.Just a guess..

Based on these pix:
belfryboard.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=5876693

I'd guess Jim is most likely correct

Re:What did I buy? 10 years 10 months ago #86833

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
I have a couple left,, I have seen this boat of Genes,, it is not a Beeline saffire,, at one time I was tokd I wouldn't find one ,I now know of 15 or better,, this has a lot of diff, characteristics, bowed transom, thicker and different style fins,, deeper hull style,,look like it Yes and is actually more rare,,,Bill
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online