Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HELP LOOKING FOR A DORSETT CATALINA OR A SIMILAR

HELP LOOKING FOR A DORSETT CATALINA OR A SIMILAR 10 years 10 months ago #86250

I came across a Dorsett Eldorado last year and really enjoy the boat. Im looking to get a Dorsett Catalina and noticed that out west they are plentiful and fairly inexpensive. Here on the east coast they are just not available. Can anyone recommend a similar type boat, that may be a little more indigenous to my area of the country. I am in New York on Long Island.

Thanks,
Jim
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:HELP LOOKING FOR A DORSETT CATALINA OR A SIMILAR 10 years 10 months ago #86274

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
I have a 1958 Glasspar del Mar for sale down here in northern SC. It's a tad smaller but "similar" and very collectible, although not indigenous to the east coast.
Attachments:

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:HELP LOOKING FOR A DORSETT CATALINA OR A SIMILAR 10 years 10 months ago #86347

Yes I recognize the boat from one of your ads on this site. You had another I believe. If I was to buy one of your boats, I would need it to come with a road worthy trailer and delivery to just north of Elizabeth City N. Carolina. If this is possible, I ould like to talk to you.
Thanks
Jim

Re:HELP LOOKING FOR A DORSETT CATALINA OR A SIMILAR 10 years 10 months ago #86358

Here is an Ad on Craig's List in south Jersey. It is a 1961 Crestliner.

jerseyshore.craigslist.org/boa/4061915767.html

Re:HELP LOOKING FOR A DORSETT CATALINA OR A SIMILAR 10 years 10 months ago #86360

Just something about the lines on those Dorsetts (especially the Catalina)- makes all the rest 2nd place in my book. I'm not looking, because I need another boat project like I need a hole in the head, but if I saw a good deal on a Catalina I would be in trouble.

Good luck on your search

Re:HELP LOOKING FOR A DORSETT CATALINA OR A SIMILAR 10 years 10 months ago #86368

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
The Glasspar Seafair has been sold but the del Mar is still available. The trailer isn't pretty but it's original and roadworthy. Yes, I could deliver the boat to North Carolina. If interested, we could work something out. You can email me directly at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re: HELP LOOKING FOR A DORSETT CATALINA OR A SIMILAR 10 years 6 months ago #91140

i have a "62" catalina not sure how much of a project your looking for. this one is rough. thinking may be more of a project than i can deal with. have had it for years motor and transom are now on the ground behind the boat. if you were interested i could figure out how to upload some pictures. BTW i am located in north central pa

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online