• Page:

TOPIC: Restoration/transom-replacment images not working

Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85390

• mmeseke
  • mmeseke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Can anyone help me. I am trying to read the "transom-replacement" under "restoration" ( www.fiberglassics.com/restoration/transom-replacement ), but the images are not loading. Is this happeing for anyone else?

I also attempted to download the PDF and same thing.

Thanks,
MMESEKE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85392

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Here's a link that may help, but I haven't tried to load any pics lately.
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/home/support/how-to-post-pictures
Attachments:

Mark

Re:Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85398

• mmeseke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks MarkS, but I'm not trying to upload pictures. I am trying to view pictures that look to be already uploaded on the "transom-replacement" topic. It looks like a great how-to, but I would like to see the photos as well.

Re:Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85399

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
I verify, pics are not coming through.

Re:Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85400

• MarkS
I'm sorry, I totally misunderstood - should have read your post better. The author of that article had the pics hosted on his own site, which no longer exists. It left a great article / tutorial without the supporting pics. Not much can be done, I guess - he seems to have dropped off the internet radar. My apologies for not paying better attention to your initial post.

Mark

Re:Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85593

• mmeseke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
MarkS wrote:

I'm sorry, I totally misunderstood - should have read your post better. The author of that article had the pics hosted on his own site, which no longer exists. It left a great article / tutorial without the supporting pics. Not much can be done, I guess - he seems to have dropped off the internet radar. My apologies for not paying better attention to your initial post.

No worries at all MarkS. I too though it was a great write up and seeing as how I have started my very first resto project I thought the pictures would have been a great help.

Re:Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85604

• MarkS
Maybe we can find you somebody's rebuild thread that has some good pics in it, please remind me what kind of boat you're working on?

Mark

Re:Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85605

• mmeseke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
MarkS wrote:

Maybe we can find you somebody's rebuild thread that has some good pics in it, please remind me what kind of boat you're working on?

That would be awesome.

I am working on a 1956-ish Glasspar Avalon with what I think it the original 35hp Johnson Super Sea Horse outboard.
Attachments:

Re:Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85612

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
We replaced the transom in a Custom Craft Sun Ray last year. I have step-by-step photos on my website. Maybe they will help. Also, I can offer free advice. (Worth twice what you pay for it)

www.nautilusrestorations.com/main/fiberglass-boat-restoration/

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85628

• mmeseke
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Nautilus wrote:

We replaced the transom in a Custom Craft Sun Ray last year. I have step-by-step photos on my website. Maybe they will help. Also, I can offer free advice. (Worth twice what you pay for it)

www.nautilusrestorations.com/main/fiberglass-boat-restoration/

Thanks Nautilus,
those boats are beautiful!!! I will forsure be reaching out to you when the time comes to replace my transom.

Re:Restoration/transom-replacment images not working 10 years 11 months ago #85629

• MarkS
Thank you for stepping up with the info and offer to help Jan, I (and mmeseke!) appreciate it. (I was hoping another member with more experience than I would do so, you "did me proud".) ;)

I hear you have a Carlson Intimidator coming your way soon for you to work your magic, can't wait to watch that project as well!

Here's an illustration of a transom layup another member here did some time ago mmeseke, thought it might help "wrap your head" around the general procedure.
(I would give proper credit to the author if I could remember their username, got a bad case of CRS this morning?)
edit: contributed by MyFlamingo !?

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle