TOPIC: Need some help on a 1968 Luger Caribbean

Need some help on a 1968 Luger Caribbean 10 years 11 months ago #85345

• huberpj
  • huberpj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and Glassics and thought someone might be able to steer me in the starboard direction. I recently purchased a 1968 Luger Caribbean locally. I plan to update the boat due to the relatively poor condition.That said, everything I have researched through google and other sites, such says its a "kit" boat. I have been searching for a manual to the boat and any subsuqent infromation on its design / construction. I have several pictures if needed to help. So any direction, thoughts, ideas etc... is very much welcomed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"Keep Moving Forward"

Re: Need some help on a 1968 Luger Caribbean 10 years 11 months ago #85358

huberpj,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Need some help on a 1968 Luger Caribbean 10 years 11 months ago #85367

Lugar kit Boats were built about 4 blocks from my house in Bloomington MN. An old boat is an old boat. It will probably need restoring. If you like the looks and want to have it, it's no better or worse than any other old boat. Remember what I was told when I bought my first Glassic. An old boat with a trailer and a motor is worth about $350. after you put hundreds of dollars, and hundreds of hours into it - - - it's worth $350. Good luck.

Re: Need some help on a 1968 Luger Caribbean 10 years 11 months ago #85372

Hello huberpj,

I’m not sure on what type of boat a Luger Caribbean is, but I would be interested to see what you have. Posting pictures would help clarify that.

When I first got my Glassic, all I wanted to do was get it running and get her out on the lake and have some fun. What it was worth was not a concern. We just wanted to move forward, make it right, and enjoy the boat. Pleased to help in any way we can.

Terry

Re: Need some help on a 1968 Luger Caribbean 10 years 11 months ago #85442

Post some pictures and keep your questions coming. I also have a Luger Caribbean, though mine is a 1964. I about 80% finished with my restoration and have a pretty good mix of original and non-original components. Several updates have been made - engine, outdrive, controls, etc.

Yes Luger sold kit boats but I think they sold assembled boats "almost ready to go underway" as well. As you've noted, there is almost no information on this model outside of some brochure photos and forums like this one. I'm excited to see you here!

Curious, have you ID'd your boat or were just told of the year and model? I've read that some of these have identification posted on the interior of the transom, towards either the port or starboard upper corner. Mine has no ID that I can find.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online